Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
PS: It seems she wants to keep her speech transcripts in her private server.
Fine with me.

I sure as Hell don't want to read them.

That would be as boring as watching paint dry.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd split a doobie with Bernie and try to slip truth serum into Hillary's Chardonnay. That said, I can't work up much excitement about either of them.
Your girl friend pretty well came to her defense,
Old 02-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
PS: It seems she wants to keep her speech transcripts in her private server.
Of course otherwise if they were published there would be no need for anyone to pay to hear them - that is only common sense.

Years back I put a very extensive ISDN training course on the internet all marked copyright and stated specifically that it was for individuals use.. While in Chicago for a speaking engagement a professor from IIT said how wonderful that course was and he used it in his classes - did not offer me any royalties though.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

Plus she has all the establishment Big Dawgs up there helping her.
I said this before, but you can smell the fear on her side.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Of course otherwise if they were published there would be no need for anyone to pay to hear them - that is only common sense.

Years back I put a very extensive ISDN training course on the internet all marked copyright and stated specifically that it was for individuals use.. While in Chicago for a speaking engagement a professor from IIT said how wonderful that course was and he used it in his classes - did not offer me any royalties though.
Rob, Hillary's speeches to the investment bankers may sound like a business mission statement and some of us are quite curious. Besides this seems to make her squirm a bit which is good.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:22 AM
Admin

"Bernie Sanders Tells Berniebros To Knock It Off — ‘We Don’t Want That Crap’"

"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) had a terse message for any of his supporters who engage in online harassment: “We don’t want that crap.” He told CNN on Sunday that the so-called “Berniebro” phenomenon is “disgusting” and that “anybody who is supporting me that is doing the sexist things — we don’t want them.”

The “Berniebro” phenomenon, where a mob of online Sanders supporters attack politicians and writers who express views critical of the Vermont senator or supportive of his Democratic rival Secretary Hilary Clinton, launched numerous thinkpieces from journalists unfortunate enough to encounter them online. At their worst, Berniebros have accused Clinton supporters of voting “based on who had the vagina” and have invented novel sexist terms such as “clitrash.”" Think Progress

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ant-that-crap/

So much for the idea that these "Bernie Bros" are a tactic dreamt up by the Clinton campaign to smear Sanders.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Judd Legum

Judd Legum is a practicing attorney and a candidate for state delegate in Annapolis, MD.

Judd previously served as the Research Director at the Center for American Progress, a leading public policy think tank. He founded ThinkProgress.org, the organization’s popular blog and regularly appeared on national television and radio programs.

Judd held the same position with Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign,managing a team of 15 responsible for the campaign’s policy and political research.
Think Progress is a pro-Clinton organization. Bit of a challenge to figure out who is smearing who or is it mutual?

http://www.truth-out.org/author/itemlist/user/44989
Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Rob, Hillary's speeches to the investment bankers may sound like a business mission statement and some of us are quite curious. Besides this seems to make her squirm a bit which is good.
Come on, if someone offered you that kind of money for a speech would you turn it down? I doubt that any of us here would.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Persona non grata

I strongly suspect Bernie got more votes than Clinton in Iowa and that Clinton won by "delegate equivalents" in much the same way that Bush won by the electoral college in 2000.

That's why the Iowa Democratic Party, which is firmly in Clintons camp, refuses to release the popular vote count. If Clinton had won the popular vote they would have been all over it like white on rice.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/07/its_...rigged_system/

Quote:
Sanders got bagged again in Iowa, this time by a state party chair, one Andrea McGuire. Like Schultz, McGuire’s specialty is high-dollar fund raising, and like Schultz she was deeply involved in Clinton’s 2008 campaign. Under the esoteric rules of the Iowa Democratic caucuses, and after a string of lucky coin tosses, Clinton eked out a 700.52 to 696.86 margin, not in votes cast but in a mysterious commodity known as “delegate equivalents.”

We’re electing a president, not the senior warden of a Mason’s lodge. All evidence indicates Sanders won the popular vote. It isn’t a minor point. If the public knew he won the only vote anybody understands or cares about, Clinton wouldn’t be “breathing a sigh of relief,” she’d be hyperventilating. McGuire refuses to release vote totals. She says keeping them a secret is an Iowa tradition. So what if it is? As with debates, the stakes transcend the candidates’ interests. In an editorial headlined “Something Smells in the Democratic Party,” the Des Moines Register, which endorsed Clinton prior to the caucuses, wrote:

What happened Monday night at the Democratic caucuses was a debacle, period… the refusal to undergo scrutiny or allow for an appeal reeks of autocracy.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 AM

Interesting dovetailing with people who support Bernie also liking Trump...
Is Bernie another Ralph Nader who will deliver American into the hands of someone worse than GW Bush? The nativist was being courted on Morning Joes this morning, talking about how he wants to get rid of Obamacare...which he might be able to do with a GOP congress behind him.