Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Hello Old People!

Hey there My name is Brother Karl and I am 19 years old. I joined this forum because I would like to talk about world politics, philosophical conundrums and USA politics because (1) I am a geek and (2) I am currently studying the politics of the USA.

I am located in a small town in England but I dont consider myself to be English or any nationality at all.
I have never been to America but I admire the distrust of government and individual spirit that many Americans seem to hold.

Please do introduce yourselves to me on this thread so I can get to know you better. I would like to know (1) what your political leaning is, (2) what is your ideal day, (3) what is your job and (4) what is the most important political issue to you at the moment. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Welcome Laddie,

Conservative, but this lot thinks I am a Liberal, any day that I wake up, retired, getting some of the wingnuts out of politics.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Howdy Limey, Yank here

Whereabouts in England are you? Me mum came from the Hartepool Headlands. Fresh off hanging the monkey lol.

1) Slightly to the right. As all my leftie friends would agree.
2) Off work, quiet cool morning with a good fresh breakfast, a $20 record run through garage sales, thrifts, and stores, light lunch, mess about the car a bit, or putter around the yard or house, or read, solid dinner, and a bit o' bitter (maybe two or three bits) while listening to lps and perhaps playing some cards with the wife or a fire with friends. Sometimes a road trip fits the bill too, or maybe tweaking some lefties
3) Sales. Need an umbrella?
4) Fighting the slower or faster creep of upsurped power to the Federal government. Although I believe it is now a lost cause, so I guess I'm just a thorn :grin: I might be able to stave off attacks on our prosperity single handedly though. Just kidding.

Oh, and I like to kid around too.

Do you own a car?

Pete
Old 09-28-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Whereabouts in England are you?
South. On the coast. Under London. In a Conservative safe seat constituency.

Quote:
2) Off work, quiet cool morning with a good fresh breakfast, a $20 record run through garage sales, thrifts, and stores, light lunch, mess about the car a bit, or putter around the yard or house, or read, solid dinner, and a bit o' bitter (maybe two or three bits) while listening to lps and perhaps playing some cards with the wife or a fire with friends. Sometimes a road trip fits the bill too, or maybe tweaking some lefties
Sounds great

Quote:
Do you own a car?
Nope. I dont really feel that I need to own a car. I dont want to waste all of my money on something that I dont really need.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ah the fairer south. I withdraw my umbrella comment

No worries with the car, I like to hear about other cars is all.

So, whats your answer to 2, 3, and 4?

Pete
Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
No worries with the car, I like to hear about other cars is all.
What car do you have?

Quote:
So, whats your answer to 2, 3, and 4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
(2) what is your ideal day,
Rainy day. Surrounded by food that will make me fat, my computer, my playstation and a few books. All phones off. Nobody in the house but me. Dinner HAS to be curry and beer. Absolute heaven

Quote:
(3) what is your job
Working in a supermarket part time but I am also studying Politics at college. I am a real political nerd

Quote:
(4) what is the most important political issue to you at the moment.
Government control over peoples lives, I think.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Area Man

1). Slightly to the left on a good day, nearly Stalinist when I get angry.
2). Any day I can free myself from the yoke of the capitalist machine and spend the day spinning Lps, tweaking my gear and taking naps.
3). Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. Currently, high speed canning. But I have worked in robotics, plastics injection molding, and aviation.
4). The dreaded "Social Justice" issues that Beck decries ad nauseum.

Dave
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Hey there My name is Brother Karl and I am 19 years old. I joined this forum because I would like to talk about world politics, philosophical conundrums and USA politics because (1) I am a geek and (2) I am currently studying the politics of the USA.

I am located in a small town in England but I dont consider myself to be English or any nationality at all.
I have never been to America but I admire the distrust of government and individual spirit that many Americans seem to hold.

Please do introduce yourselves to me on this thread so I can get to know you better. I would like to know (1) what your political leaning is, (2) what is your ideal day, (3) what is your job and (4) what is the most important political issue to you at the moment. Thanks!

Talk about someone who has learned the art of conversation - asking and listening - a good start kid, from one of the middling old farts here.

1) Pretty solidly on the left. The more I see the gap between rich and poor widen, and the lagging opportunities for the working class, the closer I get to Marxism.

2) As and empty-nester, I'm working on developing an ideal day that does not include spending time with the boys. Still, I would have to say that my favorite day would be to go on a road trip to see a ballgame with the boys, preferably to see the St. Louis Cards in the post-season. Otherwise, Pete described a pretty nice day as well.

3) I fight for truth justice and the American worker, and I get to argue for a living. I'm a partner in a small labor law firm.

4) The overwhelming voice that money owns in politics. Major financial folk are getting ready to control the airwaves before the election, spewing well-honed right-wing propaganda. It appears that the the same folks have been providing substantial backing for what has been made to look like a grass roots tea-party movement.

And, uh, I'm also kind of opinionated.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Abby Normal

what up brother Karl

I am a conundrum.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Abby Normal

BTW, I am fighting corporate control of my life by rallying for more government protections.