Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned

You Lefty Members...

are on the clock. Can you hear the ticking...? I'm sure all of you "mainstream" MoFo's are very confident right now. See everyone back here on Wednesday.
P.S.: Turn off N.P.R., they're B.S.ing you...just ask Juan!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Area Man

Does anyone here really care what he thinks?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-29-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Does anyone here really care what he thinks?

Dave
Nope, that's why he is on my shit list - oops ignore list. I figure he spends most of his time examining hiis tonsils - from the back.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM

This may sound heretical...but in a way I hope the GOP wins big tomorrow. Really big...as in veto-proof majority big. Then...we'll be able to watch nothing change for 2 years. Major fail...and they won't be able to blame it all on Obama/Pelosi/Reid/etc. Hopefully enough people will see that the GOP agenda wasn't all it was cracked up to be & finally get a clue.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Area Man

I would agree, John. But the economy is already recovering, albeit slowly. In two years things will (Hopefully) be a bit better. They will claim credit for any and everything good, no matter how small, or how ridiculous and people will buy it. Even though they really hadn't done a damn thing. It'll be the whole, "Communism is dead and Ronnie did it single handedly!", BS again.

Dave
Old 11-01-2010, 01:28 PM

The Republicans look to get around a 30 majority in the House of Representatives. I dont know why Republicans are so excited about this prospect. Obama was already having to make compromises with the House and he will carry on doing so. He is a pragmatic poltician. If I was a Republican I would be indifferent to this Midterm result. I dont think it will affect the Presidency much at all. In fact, it could start up a real 'blame game' which would allow Democrats to credibly blame Republicans for things that go wrong. The Republicans gaining a majority of around 30 in the House seems, to me, more likely to damage the Republican Party than anything else.

However, I could be completely wrong, of course.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
The Republicans look to get around a 30 majority in the House of Representatives. I dont know why Republicans are so excited about this prospect. Obama was already having to make compromises with the House and he will carry on doing so. He is a pragmatic poltician. If I was a Republican I would be indifferent to this Midterm result. I dont think it will affect the Presidency much at all. In fact, it could start up a real 'blame game' which would allow Democrats to credibly blame Republicans for things that go wrong. The Republicans gaining a majority of around 30 in the House seems, to me, more likely to damage the Republican Party than anything else.

Shh, don't tip them off.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post

The only thing you're wrong about is that "it could start up a blame game". THAT has been under way since 1776.

Dave
Old 11-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm young and not as smart as you political gurus but why is it the American people expect Obama, in two years, to bring back to life an economy that the republicans have been killing for 8. The other day the Caribou Barbie told Obie that he "blew it" because couldn't fix the economy in 1/4th the time they took to screw it up. I get flak all the time because I say to cut Obama some slack am I wrong?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtycommy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm young and not as smart as you political gurus but why is it the American people expect Obama, in two years, to bring back to life an economy that the republicans have been killing for 8. The other day the Caribou Barbie told Obie that he "blew it" because couldn't fix the economy in 1/4th the time they took to screw it up. I get flak all the time because I say to cut Obama some slack am I wrong?
Nope, you're wise beyond your years. Americans want a silver bullet. They voted for Obama as a silver bullet to fix Dubya's mess. Now they want another silver bullet to fix what hasn't yet been fixed. Somehow they seem to believe that someone out there has a simple solution to our complex problems and will come in and snap his fingers and make it all better.