Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...9x8nrxxjzzd7vi
Old 11-29-2016, 09:48 PM
Admin

'Trump expected to name financier Steve Mnuchin to Treasury'

So much for draining the swamp. I hope the purists who were losing their minds over some speeches to Goldman Sachs are happy.

"President-elect Donald Trump is planning to name investor and former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary, opting for an industry insider with no government experience to helm the agency in charge of the nation’s finances, according to people familiar with the matter.
Mnuchin (pronounced mah-NEW-chin) joined Trump’s whirlwind campaign in May as finance chairman, despite the fact that he had never worked in politics and that he had donated to Democrats in the past. He quickly earned Trump’s trust as he worked closely with the Republican National Committee to raise substantial amounts of money in a short period. On policy issues, he was instrumental in crafting the details of Trump’s proposal to overhaul the tax code." WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b2121166ee11

Last edited by bobabode; 11-29-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:27 AM

Sort of curious that the DNC talking points scolds the nomination because among other things Mnuchin was an evil hedge fund manager when George Soros runs the largest hedge fund in the world.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Sort of curious that the DNC talking points scolds the nomination because among other things Mnuchin was an evil hedge fund manager when George Soros runs the largest hedge fund in the world.
And we're supposed to take your word that:

--all hedge funds are like
--all hedge fund managers are alike
--what George Soros runs really is 'the world's largest hedge fund.'

And of course, even if George Soros is very bad, that doesn't make Mnuchin any better than he is.

And of course, there were a heck of a lot of other points made, that have nothing to do with this deflection.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 AM

Heh... Trump really made fools of those who voted for him as evidenced by his appointments. 75% of the voting public knew his every word was a lie, apparently those who voted for him are imbeciles.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
And we're supposed to take your word that:

--all hedge funds are like
--all hedge fund managers are alike
--what George Soros runs really is 'the world's largest hedge fund.'

And of course, even if George Soros is very bad, that doesn't make Mnuchin any better than he is.

And of course, there were a heck of a lot of other points made, that have nothing to do with this deflection.

Wickipedia says he is.

You are making my point for me. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President-elect Donald J. Trump will no longer have day-to-day responsibility for driving his businesses into bankruptcy and will instead focus on bankrupting the country, one of his leading surrogates said on Wednesday.

Appearing on Fox News, Kellyanne Conway said that while Trump no doubt could “plunge both his businesses and the country into bankruptcy at the same time,” he feels that he “owes it to the American people to put them first.”

Acknowledging that Trump has no government experience, Conway said that his years of bankrupting a variety of companies would prove “invaluable” as he does the same to the United States.

“It’s going to surprise a lot of people when they see how great he is at this,” she said.

On a related matter, Conway said that Trump would allow professional managers to oversee his fraudulent enterprises, like the now defunct Trump University, so that he can concentrate on defrauding the entire country.

“There is a big difference between conning a few thousand students at a phony university and swindling a nation of more than three hundred million people,” she said. “Mr. Trump is well aware that this is going to be a full-time job.”
Old 11-30-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President-elect Donald J. Trump will no longer have day-to-day responsibility for driving his businesses into bankruptcy and will instead focus on bankrupting the country, one of his leading surrogates said on Wednesday.

Appearing on Fox News, Kellyanne Conway said that while Trump no doubt could “plunge both his businesses and the country into bankruptcy at the same time,” he feels that he “owes it to the American people to put them first.”

Acknowledging that Trump has no government experience, Conway said that his years of bankrupting a variety of companies would prove “invaluable” as he does the same to the United States.

“It’s going to surprise a lot of people when they see how great he is at this,” she said.

On a related matter, Conway said that Trump would allow professional managers to oversee his fraudulent enterprises, like the now defunct Trump University, so that he can concentrate on defrauding the entire country.

“There is a big difference between conning a few thousand students at a phony university and swindling a nation of more than three hundred million people,” she said. “Mr. Trump is well aware that this is going to be a full-time job.”

This is too close to the truth to be funny. 😟
Old 11-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Admin

So, the SoS job is down to Mitt 'Donny Keeps My Balls in His Wine Fridge' Romney, Rooody Ghouliani and David Betrayus?

Gotta love the last one considering he plead guilty to actually passing classified docs to his girlfriend.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:09 PM

I am willing to bet that America's Mayor gets the job. Seems there is too much pressure on Trump to nominate him.