Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM

Dealerships Closing

Just wondering if there are any GM or Chrysler dealerships closing in your area.

Darner Chrysler of Mesa got their notice that they would no longer be selling new cars. The Darner family has been selling cars for over 40 years in the East Valley and now they are being forced out. They were also told that Chrysler would not buy back any new vehicles remaining in their inventory and that they (Darner) could not do any warranty service on new vehicles they had already sold. WTF!!!

So much for dealership loyalty.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Its a rough business that I am SOOOOOO glad I ain't in.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Vato View Post
So much for dealership loyalty.
loyalty? from a major corporation? hah!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 AM

Spent 20 hours in a car over the last few days so had ample opportunity to listen to talk radio of various flavors.

Some interesting discussions going on about what factors were involved in the Chrysler dealership closings.

According to the programs I listened to (don't recall the hosts) it seems many of them that got the axe were good dealers.

Why would a company axe dealers who were meeting or exceeding their targets, yet leave others who did not? Very strange.

Perhaps it's easier to "work with" dealers who aren't doing so well?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 AM

How are people going to buy the new Government Motors Company's cars if there ain't dealerships handy to GET them ? I remember when every gopher hole had at least one car dealership- There was Sam Riley's Chevy dealership in Mohawk, Tn, a crossroads that had a post office, a gen'l store, & Sam Riley's... Strangely enuff, though, Mr Sam sold quite a few cars-You'd see his name on the trunklids or tailgates of quite a few of 'em around here. I guess we'll soon be getting letters from Barry saying that we haven't bought a new car in a long time, we're past due for one, report to the Federal Centre & discuss yr new car needs w/Ms Roundbottom...An' bring yr checkbook...2nd thought, never mind, WE already know how much money you have, we can set up EZ payments for you thru yr employer..Like we take out Soc Security & taxes now...
Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 PM

So far 11 Dodge dealerships have been closed in the greater Kansas City area. Crazy times we're living in.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
How are people going to buy the new Government Motors Company's cars if there ain't dealerships handy to GET them ? I remember when every gopher hole had at least one car dealership- There was Sam Riley's Chevy dealership in Mohawk, Tn, a crossroads that had a post office, a gen'l store, & Sam Riley's... Strangely enuff, though, Mr Sam sold quite a few cars-You'd see his name on the trunklids or tailgates of quite a few of 'em around here. I guess we'll soon be getting letters from Barry saying that we haven't bought a new car in a long time, we're past due for one, report to the Federal Centre & discuss yr new car needs w/Ms Roundbottom...An' bring yr checkbook...2nd thought, never mind, WE already know how much money you have, we can set up EZ payments for you thru yr employer..Like we take out Soc Security & taxes now...
No no Sandy, you got it all wrong. It's George Bush's fault (just ask the gaff master).
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I'm afraid Sandy may be on target.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post

Why would a company axe dealers who were meeting or exceeding their targets, yet leave others who did not? Very strange.
I cannot speak to the decision making process in regards to this issue but I can share my business experience.
More than once in my life I have had to shut down accounts that were meeting our goals. This has always been the result of management changing it's approach to distribution. I would think bankruptcy would cause a major change in approach.
That being said, I would be curious to learn how and why the dealerships that were closed we chosen.
I would guess there is a strategy involved, right or wrong.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM

Talking New Gm (government Motors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
So far 11 Dodge dealerships have been closed in the greater Kansas City area. Crazy times we're living in.

The NEW Government Motors will proudly introduce the 2010 Obama.

This car runs on hot air and broken promises.

It has three wheels that speed the vehicle through tight left turns.

It comes complete with two teleprompters that are programmed to help the occupants talk their way out of any violations.