Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Depends on where, I can't tell you about the south part of Ca. and it really is 2 states merged @ the s*hithole aka: Bakersfield.
Up north here, San Francisco and Berkeley hardly tanked at all and have increased along with some of silicon valley and so the closer you are the better off you are. But the central valley where they threw the most subprime loan money around is sure a different story. Down south over the grapevine probably is the same I would imagine.
AZ is in big trouble. The construction industry has paid the bills and employed a huge % of the population. Without it, the foreclosures will continue at a record pace. I really can't see a way out of this mess.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Unfortunately some of the worst ones are already dead - see link in #11
It's a shame we can't kill 'em again in the new world...I understand that perpetual life is part of the criteria.

But I don't reckon that will stop us from busting their kneecaps with a tire iron, which I assume will result in a perpetual affliction.

One can only hope,

Chas
Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I really can't see a way out of this mess.
And it is an "utter mess":

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c27463a0-1...#axzz1APp1FMVV
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Resident octogenarian

Some encouraging stats;

Total tax collected from the sale of guns and ammunition, in 2007 $287,836,000, in 2009 $452,582,000 so it seems the right wingers raising the gun confiscation scare are helping with the deficit.

I 2008 Sista Sarah's approval rating was 40% as of oct 2010 it was 22%, probably proving the old adage "T'is better to remain silent and have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt>"

Daily consumer spending dropped from $91 in 2008 to $62 in 2010.

Active militias rose from 43 in 2007 to 127 in 2009.

Sleep well.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
It was posted elsewhere on the forum that those evil business who are sitting on their cash troves are now starting to hire in droves. Evidence of that, if any, has failed to register in the employment market. Still waiting for the impact of all that "stimulus" that was supposed to keep unemployment from rising above 8%...way back in 2009.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...s-to-9-4-.html

"Employers in the U.S. added fewer jobs than forecast in December and the unemployment rate dropped, partly reflecting a shrinking workforce, a sign the labor-market recovery will take time to develop."

"The jobless rate fell to 9.4 percent, the lowest level since May 2009."
The stats also fail to mention seasonal Christmas hiring that always happens this time of year no matter what.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Some encouraging stats;

Total tax collected from the sale of guns and ammunition, in 2007 $287,836,000, in 2009 $452,582,000 so it seems the right wingers raising the gun confiscation scare are helping with the deficit.

I 2008 Sista Sarah's approval rating was 40% as of oct 2010 it was 22%, probably proving the old adage "T'is better to remain silent and have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt>"

Daily consumer spending dropped from $91 in 2008 to $62 in 2010.

Active militias rose from 43 in 2007 to 127 in 2009.

Sleep well.
The active militias actually tripled in two years?

I didn't know Morris Dees was running another fundraiser.

Chas
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
The stats also fail to mention seasonal Christmas hiring that always happens this time of year no matter what.
Wouldn't you say though, that 9.4% in December of 2010 is better than 9.9% unemployment in December of 2009. That should be comparing apples to apples shouldn't it?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Wouldn't you say though, that 9.4% in December of 2010 is better than 9.9% unemployment in December of 2009. That should be comparing apples to apples shouldn't it?

Regards,

D-Ray
I'm not so sure that the figures aren't being manipulated, but something is better than nothing.

Chas
Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'm not so sure that the figures aren't being manipulated, but something is better than nothing.

Chas
That's the average Chas, Altlantic Monthly has a chart showing that amongst degreed folks it is very low and amongst black males it is quite high. Much depends upon where you are in the pecking order.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
That's the average Chas, Altlantic Monthly has a chart showing that amongst degreed folks it is very low and amongst black males it is quite high. Much depends upon where you are in the pecking order.
I can appreciate how they arrive at their figures, what I question is what they're using for data.

If you calculate in those who were dropped from the UE rolls for one reason or another, young people who would normally be entering the workforce but have moved back in with mom, under and part time employment, you wind up with a different picture.

I'm not questioning that we're down a half a point from last year, I'm questioning the baseline figures themselves.

Chas