Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've always been a GM fan. One of the best automobiles we've owned was a 97 Bonneville. Alternator & brakes were the only repairs out to 150K. The tires on it had 70-80K on them, and looked like they would go another 20. Everything about that car was as right as rain. Then my wife hit one of the "Kings" deer and totaled it out. I was mighty proud she was driving that big chunk of Detroit Iron at the time.

My 95 Silverado 1 ton 4WD is about the same way. Did have to put an AC compressor on it this year, and fix some rust in the cab corners. Then again, it's hard to wear out a 1 ton pickup. And I've owned it since the Earth cooled.

Currently, my wife drives a 04 Vibe. Like driving a go cart, and I'll admit, I hate being seen in the little slanty eyed death trap...even before she put a pink plastic daisy on the antenna.

But I will also admit, after 95K I've yet to spend a nickel on repairs. No brakes, alternators, starters, mufflers, not even a light bulb. So far, this has been the most dependable vehicle that we've ever owned. By far. Good gas mileage, but not that much better than the Bonneville, or the LeSabre she owned interm.

By the way, Merrylander, we may be a bunch of sore losers, but there's no need for you to be a sore winner. Hell, we're just doing what losers do, bitch and moan, maybe even bring up a valid point from time to time. No need to rub salt in the wound.

I'm OK, you're OK, we're all OK, so...

Have a good evening,
Chas

It's difficult not to connect the dots with the economy and agenda's set forth.
I agree with you Charles.

Last edited by painter; 06-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:34 PM

????

Hell, what we all need is a great big group hug.

Just leave me out, that kind of shit always gave me the willies.

However, I will shake you hand.

One thing I have learned in life, and sometimes I fail to remember, is ...don't lose your temper.

When you do, the only person you hurt is yourself. Whenever I snap like a glass rod, it makes me miserable. And the older I get, the longer it takes for me to recover.

Ain't got that much time left, I'd just as soon enjoy it.

Like Carlos Castaneda pointed out, "You can be happy, or miserable, it takes the same amount of work."

And while I'm spilling my guts, I'd like to point out that I've never made it to Ixtlan. But I have been to the suburbs, and the jounery was well worth the price of admission.

Only once. But pay no attention to me, I'm nuts...but I like it like that,
Chas
Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 PM

Amen, Bubba. This stuff is sposed to be FUN, not something to get all torqued up about, anyway.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You lost the friggin election, get used to it.
I think we're all losers for the last three rounds, at least. Hard to back a winner when there's not one on the ticket.
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".