Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:44 AM

The Coma Before the Storm

The Coma Before the Storm

Very well worded. I could have written that. We are in that much lockstep on every point, which is fascinating - because I don't get my news from television or any one source.

But he's a much better writer than me. Enjoy.

No need to comment unless you feel the need.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:35 AM
Jigsawed

your writer Kurt Schlicter has no idea what this G7 is about. He has provided some colorful, amusing, entertaining hits about the leaders but his assessment was too provincial which probably has led him to miss the essence of this gathering.

He indicated (4th paragraph) a coming "great changing" and "shattering disruption" but these are not coming, they have already occurred.

The gathering is about China. Yet not one word from your writer on China...amazing.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
your writer Kurt Schlicter has no idea what this G7 is about. He has provided some colorful, amusing, entertaining hits about the leaders but his assessment was too provincial which probably has led him to miss the essence of this gathering.

He indicated (4th paragraph) a coming "great changing" and "shattering disruption" but these are not coming, they have already occurred.

The gathering is about China. Yet not one word from your writer on China...amazing.
Like writing a book report without reading the book?
Old 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:

That's the thing. He and I both think this is barely getting started. Think of this as the US after the 1929 stock market crash. The REAL bottom happened in 1932.

Give it a decade. Seriously.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-14-2021 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Picture is too large - read the rules
Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:

The article is not about G7. It's function is never discussed. Rather, what is discussed is the quality of leaders at G7. The author is using the gathering to discuss those gathering and the quality of their leadership in general - and Biden's specifically - not G7 itself.

Last edited by Not Insane; 06-14-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:37 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of leadership in G7, none of them had to cheat to get elected including President Biden. Did you see the pictures of the Queen with her bright smile at the Bidens? Remember the diaper balloon in London, how embarrassing! In fact the G7 leaders said FU to Trump when he invited them to hold the meeting at his golf resort in Cuba..........er Miami which is probably what is bothering you and Sickter.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
The article is not about G7. It's function is never discussed. Rather, what is discussed is the quality of leaders at G7. The author is using the gathering to discuss those gathering and the quality of their leadership in general - and Biden's specifically - not G7 itself.
Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick. It's a global economy...get over it.

Trump's meddling with tariffs...how many American farmers faced ruin when Trumps tariffs destroyed the markets they depend on. And the enormous subsidies Trump ordered to save them from losing their farms, and maintaining the votes he was gonna need to get re-elected...and that the rest of us, including you. paid for it. Tax dollars forked over for votes...right out in the open.

You don't know your ass from your elbow.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick. It's a global economy...get over it.

Trump's meddling with tariffs...how many American farmers faced ruin when Trumps tariffs destroyed the markets they depend on. And the enormous subsidies Trump ordered to save them from losing their farms, and maintaining the votes he was gonna need to get re-elected...and that the rest of us, including you. paid for it. Tax dollars forked over for votes...right out in the open.

You don't know your ass from your elbow.
Straw man.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of leadership in G7, none of them had to cheat to get elected including President Biden. Did you see the pictures of the Queen with her bright smile at the Bidens? Remember the diaper balloon in London, how embarrassing! In fact the G7 leaders said FU to Trump when he invited them to hold the meeting at his golf resort in Cuba..........er Miami which is probably what is bothering you and Sickter.
No. I'm not bothered by that. But it appears you disagree with the author and me. That's fine. Opinions vary.

But I see your response really as deflection. The article is not about G7. And your post doesn't address the points being made in the article. And you gotta admit they are pretty funny.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Straw man.
Yep you got nothing, con-job. But hey, it's good to know where I can look when I'm in need of a worn out meme.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-14-2021 at 11:10 AM.