Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Btw, it just occurred to me - I bet the UPS drivers would HATE deliving letters.

Pete
They'd go postal.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Btw, it just occurred to me - I bet the UPS drivers would HATE deliving letters.

Pete
They would sure need re-training, the postman always rings twice, now our UPS driver just drops it and runs.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
They would sure need re-training, the postman always rings twice, now our UPS driver just drops it and runs.
Well, the postman quit ringing twice once my wife began to show her age, and the Opps guy rings once and leaves...saves me form having to get up and sign off.

To be fair, I've had outstanding service from both. Both have dropped the ball, but seldom.

Now Customs is a different matter. Bastards stole a bottle of Busha Brownes Pukka sauce from a case I ordered from Jamacia. Bought an SME IIIs manual from Germany, sent $20 green, fellow told me he got the letter without the $20. So I sent him another $20. He sent me the manual, all I got was an empty envelope. He had an extra, which he sent and I received. I wasn't lying to him, and I doubt if he was lying to me.

I haven't moved very much through customs via the mail. And I've had as many problems with customs as UPS and USPS combined.

Chas
Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Obama's opinion on the USPS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
UPS and Fex Ex exist because sometimes you have to get something there faster than the USPS can get it there. So for a LOT more money they'll take care of it. But really, I can't imagine anyone really believes that the USPS isn't amazingly efficent and inexpensive. For pocket change you can get a letter across the country in a few days with a very high level of assurance that it will actually get there.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fed..._postal_s.html
Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WTF? Looks like Greek to me (OK, Polish).
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
WTF? Looks like Greek to me (OK, Polish).
I have a bad feeling about trying any of those links, so my curiosity is in check, for now at least. Some of the biggest hackers & virus distributors have set up shop in eastern Europe.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Sorry Man, I tried. I didn't get far:

"Everyone agrees that we desperately need health care reform"

NOT TRUE: As I've built a case for here, Republicans *DON'T* want health care reform. They use this line as an opener, always followed by "but". It's a lame attempt to say "we want to help, but this is just not the right way". Bull shit. They want everything to stay exactly as it is.

"but" (see?) "our Government has proven that it can't run anything successfully."

Wrong again. Medicade works well. Our millitary is the best on Earth. Nasa sent a man to the moon. Etc. etc. etc. I'm not sure why patriotic Americans put up with this "America can't do anything" crap. As a citizen of this great nation I'm offended by this tired line.

"Therefore, Obama's government run health care plan is highly unpopular."

And for the hat trick, a third lie. When pollsters actually ask on the issues in Obama's plan, cutting past the misinformation campaign, the ideas are all very popular. Either way, even by conservative polls, it's a close call. To call it "highly unpopular" is just inaccurate.

Sorry, I didn't read any further. It's like starting an article with "We all know Republicans are smart and Democrats are dumb..." Not going to be worth my while to read much further.

Take care,

Ed
What Ed said works for me. As to the original article it is 99 and 44/100ths bull shit.