Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Want some cheese with that whine?

And yes, at this point in time, anyone who chooses to wear a MAGA hat (or a KKK robe or a swastika armband) is self-identifying as a bigoted moron, particularly in a city where Trump is so universally reviled.

And no, this lawsuit has no chance of success. None.
So, like WaPo, you're apparently fine with kicking journalistic standards to the curb when it suits your agenda, or paints someone that's "universally reviled" in an unfavorable manner. That's what I figured, but glad you finally confirmed it. Thanks for that.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Some day in the not too distant future, those cheaply made in "Jina" MAGA hats will be relegated to landfills and the deepest recesses your crazy uncle's closet along with those Dick Nixon buttons and soiled KKK regalia.
...but the soiled blue dress will be in the Smithsonian.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
[B]Your posts must surely put you on the FBI's watch list of unstable idiots...
I hope so. Given what we've seen from some of the cast of idiots in leadership positions at the FBI these days, that's a badge of honor.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, like WaPo, you're apparently fine with kicking journalistic standards to the curb when it suits your agenda, or paints someone that's "universally reviled" in an unfavorable manner. That's what I figured, but glad you finally confirmed it. Thanks for that.
But they didn't kick journalistic standards to the curb. That's what your side (NewsMax, InfoWars, Washington Times, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Breitbart ...) routinely do and then try to project on to others. Unlike the Right's press outlets, the Post will make corrections and do deep dives into stories like this MAGA kid's instead of doubling down on conspiracy theories (e.g., Seth Rich).

Last edited by finnbow; 02-21-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
But they didn't kick journalistic standards to the curb. That's what your side (NewsMax, InfoWars, Washington Times, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Breitbart ...) routinely do and then try to project on to others. Unlike the Right's press outlets, the Post will make corrections and do deep dives into stories like this MAGA kid's instead of doubling down on conspiracy theories (e.g., Seth Rich).
Sure they did. and I posted examples of it. But you can try to deflect by mentioning other news outlets. That's fine.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Sure they did. and I posted examples of it.
No, you didn't. The Post accurately posted the statements of the Native American guy and the Catholic Church and then did a deep dive into the entire situation. You, a consumer of MAGAMedia news, wouldn't know journalistic standards if they bit you on the ass.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Admin

Quote:
Sure they did. and I posted examples of it. But you can try to deflect by mentioning other news outlets. That's fine.
I hate to break it to you but none of these "(NewsMax, InfoWars, Washington Times, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Breitbart ...)" are "news outlets", Mike. They are all propaganda organs of your precious far right.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:50 AM
Admin

Quote:
...but the soiled blue dress will be in the Smithsonian.

Right next to Denny Hastert's coaches whistle, I'm sure.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Right next to Denny Hastert's coaches whistle, I'm sure.
...right next to a feed from Anthony Weiner's Twitter account.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but none of these "(NewsMax, InfoWars, Washington Times, Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Breitbart ...)" are "news outlets", Mike. They are all propaganda organs of your precious far right.
...and they have great competition from WaPo, NY Times, CNN, MSNBC and the like.

We can do this all day long. The point is, unbiased news sources are almost non-existent. WaPo is included in the "biased" camp.

While "biased" doesn't mean that a news source would never publish or air any story, it does mean that a preoccupation with a particular point of view is evident. For example, an objective person on any given day log into CNN's news website home page and have absolutely no trouble discerning what their particular point of view is. Here's a sample from today:
  • A source alleges a US businessman could have information on whether Russia has embarrassing material on Trump. The Senate wants answers
  • Justice Dept. preparing for Mueller report as early as next week
  • Analysis: Bombshell Mueller report may never be fully revealed
  • Lawmaker: Country deserves to know if Trump is a crook
  • Analysis: Conway kind of threatened report might never come out
  • Erin Burnett: No matter your politics, 'hoax' claim is false
  • Interactive: How Team Trump keeps changing its story
  • Pelosi urges members of Congress to back resolution ending national emergency
  • Coast Guard officer allegedly wanted to conduct a mass killing, had high-profile hit list
  • Pompeo rules out 2020 Senate bid
  • White House braces for shakeup after Trump privately complains about Coats
  • Reporter: Trump's tweet is a lie
  • New York Times calls Trump's 'enemy of the people' attack 'false' and 'dangerous'
  • Van Jones: I've never seen anything like Bernie Sanders
  • WaPo: Climate skeptic may lead WH panel to study climate change and national security