Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Area Man

AKer Wolverine, (Scott) and I went thrift hunting a few weeks ago, nothing except a couple low end Onkyo cassette decks, one in great shape and a Denon DCD-1500 cd player. I already have two cassette decks and and RTR, so I left the Onkyo and picked up the Denon for $20 at the Habitat for Humanity thrift in Virginia Beach.

Come to find out the DCD-1500 is the shiznit. The choice of pros, radio stations and DJs for decades. This one certainly has an awesome sound to it. As I type it's spinning out Jeff Becks Blow by Blow.

$20 and this bad puppy went for over $800 back in the late '80s.....................

Dave
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
AKer Wolverine, (Scott) and I went thrift hunting a few weeks ago, nothing except a couple low end Onkyo cassette decks, one in great shape and a Denon DCD-1500 cd player. I already have two cassette decks and and RTR, so I left the Onkyo and picked up the Denon for $20 at the Habitat for Humanity thrift in Virginia Beach.

Come to find out the DCD-1500 is the shiznit. The choice of pros, radio stations and DJs for decades. This one certainly has an awesome sound to it. As I type it's spinning out Jeff Becks Blow by Blow.

$20 and this bad puppy went for over $800 back in the late '80s.....................

Dave
Very nice Dave. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of those.
The wife listens to CDs, right now thru a multiplayer. It would be nice to get something with a good reputation.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:51 PM

not a completely bad day

Denon Three head cassette deck for $10
Six factory reel to reel tapes classical all for $3 bucks

and a Sharp quartz watch for $4 and external firewire dvd rw (or cd can't tell yet) for my Mac Pro desktop.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

Harman Kardon T-45 TT, from an estate sale. It hadn't been played in so long that the belt was fused to the platter. Last day of the sale and they let me have it for 20 bucks. Plus $12 for a new belt. I mounted an old (low milage) Sumiko Talisman S on it. The Microrace tonearm is pretty impressive.

It sounds great. Gives my Linn Sondek LP-12 a real run for the way, way, way less money. And...you can walk through the room without the tonearm flying off into the ficus plant in the corner.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Harman Kardon T-45 TT, from an estate sale. It hadn't been played in so long that the belt was fused to the platter. Last day of the sale and they let me have it for 20 bucks. Plus $12 for a new belt. I mounted an old (low milage) Sumiko Talisman S on it. The Microrace tonearm is pretty impressive.

It sounds great. Gives my Linn Sondek LP-12 a real run for the way, way, way less money. And...you can walk through the room without the tonearm flying off into the ficus plant in the corner.
I use a T-40 Signet TK3ea at the computer system. Like it!

Did you get the weight?

I need to put a drop of machine oil every now and then on the bearing for the belt pulley. It starts to squeak!

Barney
Old 05-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I use a T-40 Signet TK3ea at the computer system. Like it!

Did you get the weight?

I need to put a drop of machine oil every now and then on the bearing for the belt pulley. It starts to squeak!

Barney
The T-45 is quiet as a summer breeze...so far.

I don't know what you mean by "the weight" though. The tracking weight...or some other weight?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Ike I had that model years Ago it was the best turntable I ever owned.it was so simple in design I could not believe how effecient it was,Now that makes me miss my Vinyl.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:40 AM

you probaly already are a member but here you go also can get specs and such http://www.vinylengine.com/library/h...rdon/t45.shtml
Old 05-26-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The T-45 is quiet as a summer breeze...so far.

I don't know what you mean by "the weight" though. The tracking weight...or some other weight?
I was talking about the clamp,

Barney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HK weight clamp.jpg (25.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I was talking about the clamp,

Barney

Clamp? I don't got no clamp. I don't need no clamp. I don't got to show you no stinkin' clamp!

Seriously though...I don't know anything about the clamp for T-series HK turntables.