Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Great album. Gals can't resist it.
Oh I see lol
Old 03-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Just found three lps

Randy Newman Sail Away looks mint
Miles Davis Round About Midnight Columbia Jazz Masterpiece Series ....some scratches
Dixie Dregs Night Of The Living Dregs....

Last edited by icenine; 03-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 AM

I need help!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201043184204...84.m1439.l2649

I just got these I have wanted to see if they were as good as all the reviews,so friday the guy will meet me half way and they will be mine.I thing I need some help though,Is there a speakers anonymus for people with a speaker buying addiction?it is the 4th of the month and now I am flat broke after paying bills and the 50 I paid for the speakers not to mention the speaker parts I bought.

but I got me some nova 8b's.i will post pictures when I get them.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 AM

I think there is a huge thread by Video Lady about modding these check AK

they are the realistic version of the KLH 5?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think there is a huge thread by Video Lady about modding these check AK

they are the realistic version of the KLH 5?
yea that thread is what made me get them I had been debating for a while.they will give me something to listen to and evaluate while I finish my current speaker project.Guy says cabinents kinda rough but speakers and sound are all fully functional,thats is what counts to me,sound not looks.I can sand and refinish another time.looks like a thick veneer.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM

Eventually you will get tired of new speakers...in the last month I have passed on an almost mint pari of OLAs that had foamed woofers (original drivers), Boston Accoustic A100s (I have the 70s already) and last week some Infinity Kappa 6.1s ...I might have got them if they were cheaper.

I just have too many good ones already...

I would still get any Snells,KEFS, and KLH Model Fives or Twenty Threes if I came upon them... cheap. The operative word is cheap. They might go for big bucks on Ebay but they are sort of hard to sell and ship for a good price.

a real sleeper is a cheap pair of RSL 3600s.....a JBL 100 clone that from what I have read from people who have had both say the 3600s sound better...but they are usually found out here in the West since they are from Socal.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Eventually you will get tired of new speakers...in the last month I have passed on an almost mint pari of OLAs that had foamed woofers (original drivers), Boston Accoustic A100s (I have the 70s already) and last week some Infinity Kappa 6.1s ...I might have got them if they were cheaper.

I just have too many good ones already...

I would still get any Snells,KEFS, and KLH Model Fives or Twenty Threes if I came upon them... cheap. The operative word is cheap. They might go for big bucks on Ebay but they are sort of hard to sell and ship for a good price.

a real sleeper is a cheap pair of RSL 3600s.....a JBL 100 clone that from what I have read from people who have had both say the 3600s sound better...but they are usually found out here in the West since they are from Socal.
Yea well it seems like I get stisfied like when I got the ADS L710's I was good for a couple months,then I start reading threads over in AK and bamm I am at it again,those RSL 3600 I passed by a few months ago I think they were cheap too I will have to add them back on my list .these Nova 8b's ought to keep me happy for a bit.I think these will be my only 12" speaker most are 10" and 1 15" set so will be nice to get the 8b perspective,oh well,I guess there is worse stuff to be addicted to.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Admin

Just wait for some Vandersteens Cleon, the search will be over. That is until you get hooked on building some Zilchlabs.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Yea well it seems like I get stisfied like when I got the ADS L710's I was good for a couple months,then I start reading threads over in AK and bamm I am at it again,those RSL 3600 I passed by a few months ago I think they were cheap too I will have to add them back on my list .these Nova 8b's ought to keep me happy for a bit.I think these will be my only 12" speaker most are 10" and 1 15" set so will be nice to get the 8b perspective,oh well,I guess there is worse stuff to be addicted to.
If those Novas sound as half as good as a Model Five (I had an orphan once and used to test it) you will most likely not need the RSLs....

however the RSL has the classic West Coast sound
Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
If those Novas sound as half as good as a Model Five (I had an orphan once and used to test it) you will most likely not need the RSLs....

however the RSL has the classic West Coast sound
JBL L100t3 <grin>