Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
greed caused this and that means us all.
I do agree, greed, along with "BIGCORP" and thier repub lap-dogs, put us in this mess.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epifanatic View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/are-r..._source=alerts

I wholeheartedly agree....the white-republican/anti-black president sentiment runs deep in thier viens. I mean, what other reason for all of the stonewalling, just say no B.S.?
Name one thing that Obama has achieved that can remotely be called a success? Hell, reach back into his earlier positions he's held to find something positive that he's done. Voting present and avoiding taking a stance on issues does not count. Even his left wing promises he made during the campaign remain unfullfilled. The Nobel Peace Prize winner is the one who routinely is killing people and ordering assasinations and wars without proper authority. His arrogance and disdain for the American people is palpable with his every utterance. He's the one supposed post-partisan that told us "to get to the back of the bus" and that "I won." His is the Presidency that circumvents law by doing with administrative fiat what is rightly the domain of Congress. He is the one that knows nothing of loyalty to long time allies and the fulfillment of treaty obligations. The fact that he happens to be black really doesn't have much to do with his failures. Abiding by the same big government belief and social engineering agenda of his white predecessors, like say Carter, does. He also lacks the finesse and skill of a Bill Clinton to generate any cross partisan support. He also, by his own admission, will hold a grudge against political opponents and those that disagree with him on issues. Audacious indeed!

Last edited by bhunter; 06-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epifanatic View Post
You still haven't answered my question, what have they done?? NOTHING except dig a deeper hole by not letting this admin implement policies that will work. The repugs want to let the fox loose in the Wall St. hen house just like before and expect different results.
According to "The Blue Book," done by democrats so that they could avoid businesses that supported the GOP, Wall Street firms largely supported democrats not republicans. Further, the lefties, Dodd and Frank, were very much entwined in the housing bubble. Oh, the wars, the other Peace Prize Winner, Carter, had a lot to do with destabilizing the Middle East during his errant Presidency by failing to support the Shah.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Epi:

You seem mighty upset here. I thought when you came running in with that racism accusation that you might want to discuss exactly HOW the Republicans are STILL to blame for this disaster in the economy. But no... 1st you just deflect any facts about WHY the economy is stagnant by accusing me of somehow mind-melding with Fox News. And then you assert the REPs

Quote:
.....they broke the fillibuster record........ no, they're not the party of "NO"
Really? Since January? when they took office IN THE HOUSE for the most part. Which BTW my challenged friend, DOESN'T FREAKING DO fillibusters? So you must be talking about the DEM controlled Senate.

((REPs aren't good at blocking the important stuff anyway, they cave 9 out of 10 times))

Try to back this up.. WHAT have they blocked other than the weak-assed attempt to let those tax breaks lapse. Weak-assed, because smart DEMs knew the further damage that would cause to the economy.

Can you back this up? Or are we done?
I'm out of smiley faces...
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 PM

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much;
It is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

“How many times do you have to get hit over the head before you figure out who’s hitting you?”
Harry Truman
Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 PM

Name calling now, nice, typical.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 PM

Wow BHunter:

Quote:
Name one thing that Obama has achieved that can remotely be called a success? Hell, reach back into his earlier positions he's held to find something positive that he's done. Voting present and avoiding taking a stance on issues does not count. Even his left wing promises he made during the campaign remain unfullfilled. The Nobel Peace Prize winner is the one who routinely is killing people and ordering assasinations and wars without proper authority. His arrogance and disdain for the American people is palpable with his every utterance. He's the one supposed post-partisan that told us "to get to the back of the bus" and that "I won." His is the Presidency that circumvents law by doing with administrative fiat what is rightly the domain of Congress. He is the one that knows nothing of loyalty to long time allies and the fulfillment of treaty obligations. The fact that he happens to be black really doesn't have much to do with his failures. Abiding by the same big government belief and social engineering agenda of his white predecessors, like say Carter, does. He also lacks the finesse and skill of a Bill Clinton to generate any cross partisan support. He also, by his own admission, will hold a grudge against political opponents and those that disagree with him on issues. Audacious indeed!
That stuff right there is genuine New York Times quality... I'm in awe...
Old 06-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Borrowed this from a friend:

The difference between no debt in 2012 and at least 10 trillion in debt is George W. Bush with a Republican Senate and Congress from 2000 to 2006.

The following are 19 facts about the deindustrialization of America that will blow your mind....

#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001.

#7 The United States has lost a total of about 5.5 million manufacturing jobs since October 2000.

#8 According to Tax Notes, between 1999 and 2008 employment at the foreign affiliates of U.S. parent companies increased an astounding 30 percent to 10.1 million. During that exact same time period, U.S. employment at American multinational corporations declined 8 percent to 21.1 million.

#9 In 1959, manufacturing represented 28 percent of U.S. economic output. In 2008, it represented 11.5 percent.

#11 As of the end of 2009, less than 12 million Americans worked in manufacturing. The last time less than 12 million Americans were employed in manufacturing was in 1941.

#12 In the United States today, consumption accounts for 70 percent of GDP. Of this 70 percent, over half is spent on services.

#13 The United States has lost a whopping 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#15 Manufacturing employment in the U.S. computer industry is actually lower in 2010 than it was in 1975.

#16 Printed circuit boards are used in tens of thousands of different products. Asia now produces 84 percent of them worldwide.

#17 The United States spends approximately $3.90 on Chinese goods for every $1 that the Chinese spend on goods from the United States.

#18 One prominent economist is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040.

#19 The U.S. Census Bureau says that 43.6 million Americans are now living in poverty and according to them that is the highest number of poor Americans in the 51 years that records have been kept.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Well Heck Epi::

I'm heavily concerned about that stuff too.. Should we FORCE those corporations to bring back those good ole blue collar jobs? I'd surely like to see that...]

In fact I'm kinda in the EPI-Center of all that crap in my Electronics Design business. So I worry about the day when we can't make printed circuit boards here anymore.. But you know -- there's heavy enviromental regulations on that particular businesss. Think that's PART OF IT???
Old 06-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Well Heck Epi::

I'm heavily concerned about that stuff too.. Should we FORCE those corporations to bring back those good ole blue collar jobs? I'd surely like to see that...]

In fact I'm kinda in the EPI-Center of all that crap in my Electronics Design business. So I worry about the day when we can't make printed circuit boards here anymore.. But you know -- there's heavy enviromental regulations on that particular businesss. Think that's PART OF IT???
So am I to understand that we should keep heading down this path?? Why not make it more appealing to companies to keep these jobs here? Environmental regulations are another thread altogether.