Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:02 AM

Most voters in six key 2020 election states support an extension of the $600 per week unemployment benefit, along with another direct payment and state and local government relief, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll.

A majority of respondents also opposes shielding corporations from coronavirus-related lawsuits, the survey found.

Those issues will be among the most contentious as Republicans and Democrats try to strike an agreement on a pandemic relief bill.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/coro...oll-finds.html

IOW, most voters think the Repube package is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Feel it should be a voucher program.
A true need should be presented for the funds.

Thought the rational for the payment was to cover the workers not receiving unemployment.

Would go more for suspending payments to loans rents ect... again with a voucher program with the need shown. Not a one size fits all approach.

Last edited by Oerets; 07-29-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:11 AM

The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election
Blocking ballots, intimidating voters, spreading misinformation — undermining democracy is at the heart of Trump’s 2020 campaign

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ecree-1028988/

They will go to ANY extent to retain their illegitimate hold on power. Demographics will eventually defeat them. Let us hope fair elections will put them out on the streets (and behind bars, where warranted) in November.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:18 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election
Blocking ballots, intimidating voters, spreading misinformation — undermining democracy is at the heart of Trump’s 2020 campaign

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ecree-1028988/

They will go to ANY extent to retain their illegitimate hold on power. Demographics will eventually defeat them. Let us hope fair elections will put them out on the streets (and behind bars, where warranted) in November.
As long as we vote like we did in 2018, Trump's goose is cooked. I've been haranguing family and friends to check their voter registration, especially my two brothers in Tennessee and family in Floriduh. Vote.org has a handy widget to make sure your voter's registration is up to date.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:19 AM

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
The Texas Republican received the diagnosis during a pre-screening procedure at the White House on Wednesday morning.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-386076

Ha! Karma, dude. "Thoughts and prayers!".
Old 07-29-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
The Texas Republican received the diagnosis during a pre-screening procedure at the White House on Wednesday morning.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-386076

Ha! Karma, dude. "Thoughts and prayers!".
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Karma catches up with another tRumplican. Louie Gohmert, one of tRumps biggest defenders tests positive for Covid-19.
Recently Louie stated “We had tests and nobody in here has the coronavirus unless it’s somebody in the media,” Gohmert said at the meeting. “So the only reason we would wear masks is if we were trying to protect ourselves from you, in the media. And we’re not scared of you.” I got news for you Louie, Covid-19's not scared of you either. Wouldn't it be something if he dosed "Low Barr" Billy?
Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:02 PM

Republicans’ political games are a bust
By Jennifer Rubin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ames-are-bust/

Quote:
The lies, outrageous positions and fear-mongering spewed by President Trump and his enablers might be infuriating, but just keep in mind they are politically counterproductive. Forget about the reckless governance, which is a lost cause. Be outraged, but also comforted that Republicans’ political pratfalls are making it more likely that voters will boot them out.

Trump’s facade of normalcy crumbled entirely on Tuesday when he whined that his administration’s public health officials, Anthony S. Fauci and Deborah Birx, had better approval ratings than he. “It can only be my personality, that’s all," he said without irony. Well, that and nearly 150,000 dead Americans. There’s also his hawking of dangerous remedies. On Tuesday, he continued beating the drum for hydroxychloroquine and to tout a discredited doctor who peddles the antimalarial drug, says masks are not needed and believes that alien DNA is used in modern medicine. Trump also falsely insisted large parts of the country are free of coronavirus.

Here was Trump at his worst — self-pitying, ignorant, irrational and utterly unaware how he comes across to those outside his cult. What’s more, he unwittingly confirmed how easily right-wing media characters lead him around by the nose — no matter how absurd and unfounded their claims. Meanwhile, he seethes with resentment toward actual experts who continue to present accurate — but politically unhelpful — evidence of his failure to combat the pandemic.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
As long as we vote like we did in 2018, Trump's goose is cooked. I've been haranguing family and friends to check their voter registration, especially my two brothers in Tennessee and family in Floriduh. Vote.org has a handy widget to make sure your voter's registration is up to date.
We'll have to exceed the turnout of 2018 by historic amounts. The fix is in, at least they'll try. I'm 63 and yet I'm seriously thinking of signing up to be an elections judge.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:07 PM

GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert Suggests Mask Wearing Gave Him Coronavirus
COVER UP
“I can’t help but think that if I hadn’t been wearing a mask so much in the last 10 days or so, I really wonder if I would have gotten it,” the Texas lawmaker said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-re...as-coronavirus

Say what!?? Are this clown and our resident Insane idiot one and the same? Both absolutely clueless.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:14 PM

GOP Rep. Asks Google Chief: Why Are My Campaign’s Emails Going to My Dad’s Spam Folder?
SIGH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-re...ds-spam-folder

Quote:
During Wednesday’s House hearing with the CEOs of four Big Tech companies, Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) used his five minutes of questioning time to ask Google CEO Sundar Pichai to troubleshoot his dad’s Gmail account.

After suggesting there was a nefarious anti-conservative conspiracy afoot because he was once unable to find a far-right blog via Google search a few months ago, Steube alleged Google’s email service was biased against Republicans. Claiming that “all of a sudden” his campaign’s emails were showing up in his constituents’ “spam folders,” Steube asked Pichai if he could provide “some clarification,” adding that he hasn’t heard about this happening to Democrats.
ROFL. Yes, they really are this ignorant. Our resident Trumpkins aren't the only dumbass Repubes.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
We'll have to exceed the turnout of 2018 by historic amounts. The fix is in, at least they'll try. I'm 63 and yet I'm seriously thinking of signing up to be an elections judge.
The wife and I have been working the polls for decades here in California but my disabilities precluded that in the last five years or so, the wife kept it up until the 2018 election. Thankfully we are going to vote by mail here. It's really the only way to go.

I had a lot of fun working the polls. It certainly wasn't for the money, at 14 - 15 hour days plus training for $125.