in keeping this site going.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Actually there is a form of foolproof protection

We've all touched many lives for better or worse, I'd miss ya Rob

Pete
And, only fools think teenagers and twenty somethings aren't going to have sex....or masterbate. Don't forget, that's a sin too. "...cast not thy seed upon the ground.".

Yeah, riiiiiight.

Dave
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

I think that if they had just taught her to used a damn rubber, the whole thing could have been avoided.

Dave
I guess thing have really changed a lot since I was single. In my day, it was the guy who used the rubber.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini me View Post
I guess thing have really changed a lot since I was single. In my day, it was the guy who used the rubber.
Last time I checked there were two people in the room. And, unless the scumbag was raping her, she could have stopped him at any point and insisted he put one on.

You're fairly smart. Work on being a little less shallow and you'll be alright.

Dave
Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
No, I don't think teaching abstainance is all that effective either. I have Bible thumper friends who used to brag about how this worked with their daughter. Well, now the girl is in college (Carefully vetted by Smitty and Beth for it's "Christain environment"), and getting married, "Because she has too.". Here, we go. They taught her abstainence. Because nature is what it is and young people are what they are, regardless of religious beliefs---it didn't work. (It may with some, I guess. But, I was once 20 years old once, steeped in Methodist upbringing and I screwed like a rabbit. And pretty much everyone around me was doing the same.)

Now, she's marrying this kid who knocked her up because she feels she "Has to."----Because, that's part of the belief system she was taught too. Who here thinks getting married because you "have to" is a formula for a happy marriage? I don't know, it might work out, but I 've been around long enough to see how it usually works out. Which is to say, not at all.

I think that if they had just taught her to used a damn rubber, the whole thing could have been avoided.

Dave
Hell I married at 23 the first time and that was too young, neither one of us was truly ready for marriage. But boy they don't even blink whe kids want to marry - we had the banns read - no license. However when you finally realize that you made a big mistake they throw everyting but the kitchen sink in the way of undoing that mistake.

Well Florence wa 48 and I was about 6 weeks shy of 53 when we married. It was not simple, figuring out how to support two households and I got a bit impatient at times. But one day a voice said "Be still my son, when it is time you shall have what is rightfully yours". I took early retirement and that provided for one household. The word got out that I was available and a posistion was offered in NoVA along with a visa. Everything fell into place and here I am.

Yes, in 82 years I have seen a few marriages where for the formal ones they painted the shotgun white. A few hung together for the kids sake, very few, and I wonder just how much the kids were benefitted. A home where the parents are perpetually at each other's throats is usually the one where the kids leave. Sadly too often the predators get them. We support Covenant House just so that they get to the runaways first. Kids rarely run from a happy home.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-23-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Yeah Rob, one of my neighbors of 25 years left when her last went off to college. I don't think she wasted single a day getting the F out of there either.

Quote:
Female condom

I just can't get away from the "her body her choice". I surely wouldn't the shoe on the other foot.

Carl
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Say, is it just out here in lib land that you can drop unwanted infants off no questions asked at police dept, fire dept, and hospitals?

Just curious, I sure am happy we have that here in any case.

Carl
Old 03-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
One more point I forgot to mention-----They're Catholics.

Dave
Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
One more point I forgot to mention-----They're Catholics.

Dave
"It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics or chemistry." H. L. Mencken
Old 03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Yeah Rob, one of my neighbors of 25 years left when her last went off to college. I don't think she wasted single a day getting the F out of there either.

Carl
With us it was the opposite, how to get together. The visa was the nice part because my prospective employer hired an immigration lawyer and told him "Don't tell me what I can't do, get the visa and get it fast." Luckily I was one of only twenty people working on an emerging standard and the other 19 were happy where they were, that made the lawyer's job easier. Plus a few letters from people on my side saying what a brilliant fellow I was. But when you are desperately lonely and want so badly to be with each other, months seem like years. Of course when I could fly down for a weekend it was carpe diem.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Area Man

I'm meeting with someone for dinner and a movie tomorrow. Thing is, we work in the same place, different shifts, different departments, when she's at work, I'm off and vice-versa. We never see each other there. She commutes 30 miles to the west, I commute 30 miles to the east, separated by 60 miles.

This has been going on for several years.

Dave