Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
I love lesbians. And if women want to come into the men's room then I say let them in.
Thought this thread was about transgenders.... Not lesbians.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM

I love transgender women, too. Heck I love all kinds of women.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM

I really don't care what some other countries do. I really don't care if other's sensibilities about LGBT are different than mine. I'm coming at this from the perspective of a father. I also remember the kind of hell I was capable of raising in high school. I would loved to have some stupid school policy like this back in the day as a great opportunity to check out girls in the rest room.

I also think my kids are smart enough to know when one of their class mates is abusing a policy. A guilty until proven innocent policy for individuals who might object to the presence of the opposite sex in a rest room or a locker room is, frankly, nuts!

Last edited by mini me; 02-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I'm a lesbian. Lemme in.
Quote:
I love lesbians. And if women want to come into the men's room then I say let them in.
A lesbian trapped in a mans body.........That's me.

Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Thought this thread was about transgenders.... Not lesbians.
Yeah. but lesbians are so cool. I never fault anyone for liking.......

Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
For the most part, I think high-schoolers are far more tolerant in the LGBT department than us old curmudgeons here.
Ayup. Today, yes. When I was in school in the '70s.............not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
In some countries restrooms are non-gendered.
I still recall watching a shipmate circle a public facility desperately searching for the "mens room";

"What's the French word for men?"

"It's homme, man. Just keep looking, it's there."

Ha, ha! Idiot.

Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini me View Post
I really don't care what some other countries do. I really don't care if other's sensibilities about LGBT are different than mine. I'm coming at this from the perspective of a father. I also remember the kind of hell I was capable of raising in high school. I would loved to have some stupid school policy like this back in the day as a great opportunity to check out girls in the rest room.

I also think my kids are smart enough to know when one of their class mates is abusing a policy. A guilty until proven innocent policy for individuals who might object to the presence of the opposite sex in a rest room or a locker room is, frankly, nuts!
Much ado about nothing. The Massachussets law requires that students be allowed to use the restroom of the gender they identify with provided they show evidence, such as from a doctor, of a "sincerely held" gender association. A boy can't just one day sing man, I feel like a woman, and then spy on tinkling girls.

So two things have to come together. First, the kid has to show evidence. Second, he or she has to be comfortable with being laughed at for using the "wrong" bathroom.

The odds of both of those coming together are pretty rare.

Furthermore a person in a bathroom has to behave. School officials (or the police) have laws against voyeurism, touching (battery), stalking, etc in the event an actor slips through the system and regularly into the girls room. Which he won't.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:

Furthermore a person in a bathroom has to behave. School officials (or the police) have laws against voyeurism, touching (battery), stalking, etc in the event an actor slips through the system and regularly into the girls room. Which he won't.
"Won't"? Give me a break.

"School officials (or the police)" have laws against pot, alcohol, etc., etc. Since when do teenagers pay any attention to those rules/laws?

I've got nothing against an individual identifying with which ever sex he/she feels is right for them personally. Opening up restrooms or locker rooms like this proposal suggests is just asking for trouble.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
"Won't"? Give me a break.

"School officials (or the police)" have laws against pot, alcohol, etc., etc. Since when do teenagers pay any attention to those rules/laws?

I've got nothing against an individual identifying with which ever sex he/she feels is right for them personally. Opening up restrooms or locker rooms like this proposal suggests is just asking for trouble.
You are seeing ghosts. As if school officials don't act against pot, alcohol, etc, etc.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You are seeing ghosts. As if school officials don't act against pot, alcohol, etc, etc.
And where do these offenses often happen?

Clue- Brownsville Station, 1973