Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
It's still the law of the land, like it or take your lumps (pay the fine).
I don't know, I think we may have an exemption for now. I keep asking bosses, stewards, and shop managers, and nobody knows a single thing about how it will affect the local. Shouldn't someone know by now? The owner of the company (a right wing radical racist by definition here) doesn't seem to know either, and it's not a small shop. Does anyone here know how unions will be affected. As it is now, we pay around 10 bux an hour no matter if it's just the fitter, or a fitter with a wife and 10 chillens. Some guys will work just enough hours to keep the ins. going, and coast the rest of the way. If you ain't workin, you ain't payin but your still covered if you put in a certain amount of hours per year. I can't remember that number right now, but it seemed awfully low to me.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Admin

50+ employees?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 PM

And the GOP wants to replace it with..................what?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM

I got the news that a company is thinking about dropping insurance and letting the employee's worry about insurance themselves. The company said it'll be far cheaper to pay the fine than to keep paying insurance.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I don't know, I think we may have an exemption for now. I keep asking bosses, stewards, and shop managers, and nobody knows a single thing about how it will affect the local. Shouldn't someone know by now? The owner of the company (a right wing radical racist by definition here) doesn't seem to know either, and it's not a small shop. Does anyone here know how unions will be affected. As it is now, we pay around 10 bux an hour no matter if it's just the fitter, or a fitter with a wife and 10 chillens. Some guys will work just enough hours to keep the ins. going, and coast the rest of the way. If you ain't workin, you ain't payin but your still covered if you put in a certain amount of hours per year. I can't remember that number right now, but it seemed awfully low to me.

Under the new act there is nothing that would need change as with any and all current plans and insurers.

What your union or employer does is up to them but if it is in place and working fine for everybody then they would be fools to change anything because they don't need to change anything.

This whole thing is for those without any coverage and not for anybody with coverage.

If you wish a new plan then you can. But it is not necessary and may not be wise to do, fixing something that ain't broke is not.

It is possible you work for some scumbag that wants throw a wrench in the works and then who knows, however you will then know your employer doesn't give a rat's ass about your well being, no doubt about it.
It is probably a good thing to know so you can find work for somebody that isn't a real money grubbing prick..

http://obamacarefacts.com/howdoes-obamacare-work.php

Carl
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
My Doctor tells me it's a joke, and he will be retiring like a lot of his friends will.
I would say your doctor and any others like him have abandoned their Hippocratic Oath long ago, Jay. My opinion of this kind of scum ain't fit for these pages other than to say 'Good f**king riddance, they dishonor their profession.'
Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I got the news that a company is thinking about dropping insurance and letting the employee's worry about insurance themselves. The company said it'll be far cheaper to pay the fine than to keep paying insurance.
If you don't mind, feel free to post up the name of the company. I'll do my best to never do business with them and alert anyone I know that they are scumbags of the first order. It may not mean much individually but at least I know I won't be spending my hard earned money with a company who treats their employees like just another cog to use up and toss on the trash heap.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Look at it this way chum, some day you will retire like me. Then health insurance plus Medicare will cost you $11,750 per year - if you can afford it. If you can't afford it be prepared for personal bankruptcy and homelessness.