Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Thanks Mr. Levin

Long time politician and current US Senator Carl Levin from my home state of MI and home city of Detroit has announced he will not seek re-election in 2014. He is 78 years old.

While I don't agree with every position that he's taken, I think historians will treat Mr. Levin quite favorably. He's been a reasonably hard worker (as Senators go ) and has represented this state pretty well.

All the best to a decent man and and long time public servant.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Great! Now to get rid of more dead wood littering the halls of the Capitol. These long time office holders ought all be tossed from office and their ought be limits on the total time served. Damn, I'm always confuing congress critters with criminals, con-men, and horn toot'in self-aggrandizing assholes.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Great! Now to get rid of more dead wood littering the halls of the Capitol. These long time office holders ought all be tossed from office and their ought be limits on the total time served. Damn, I'm always confuing congress critters with criminals, con-men, and horn toot'in self-aggrandizing assholes.
Good to see you posting again.

Obviously still sharp.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Koch-Teapublican

I myself can not remember agreeing with any positions he took.

Now if John Conyers will just go away...
Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Jigsawed

Now if Charles Rangel would just go.....42 years in the house.

Because of his Korean service many avert their eyes from his wrong doings. However he showed no shame.

I was embarrassed. He occupied five house units (NYC) for the poor and was still smiling when faced with ethics charges.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I would keep ALL of them in favor of one more overzealous Tea Party piece of shit.

But, that's me. I'm crazy that way.

Dave
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Admin

Quote:

So, the congress critters aren't supposed to represent their constituencies, eh BH? and toot their horns about bringing home the bacon? No love for representational democracy?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I would keep ALL of them in favor of one more overzealous Tea Party piece of shit.

But, that's me. I'm crazy that way.

Dave
I couldn't agree more, Dave. Not one of these asswipe teabaggin' sumbitches know what the hell they're doing other than to vote nope. They'll destroy the so called party of Lincoln, sure as shit, every time they primary one of those elder statesmen (I use that term loosely) in the Republican party. Hell, those luddites have nothing on the tea party types.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM

Throw all those long term Congress critters out. That makes it easier for lobbyist to mould junior members into anything they want them to be.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Resident octogenarian

Throw out Senator Barb and Senator Ben? No way jose.