Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Is that your final answer?
Are you a child?
Old 06-08-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
This is the point where Trump wants to send in the Army. Just need to engineer a gunfight with the 'insurrectionists.'
Two things: 1. Trump is trying hard to avoid it. 2. I think it is the handlers of the rioters that are desperately trying to get Trump to do just that.

BTW, if they are successful at removing police, these things will escelate in minutes. Ultimately, without police, the president will have no choice but to call in the military, as previous presidents have done when an area is completely out of control.

BTW, I have a friend that hates the police and has had some run ins with them. He's been physically abused by police, which is why he is not on their side with this one. However, that was at a time in his life where he was a real hell raiser. But here is the problem: He's lilly white.

This is not about race. It's about police and how they, in frustration, find themselves dealing with people they are attempting to arrest. It is not about race any more than the fact that there are more men in prison than women is about sex.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:47 AM

I believe in effective civilian oversight and accountability for standardized strictly enforced standards and practices.
Law enforcement should be a profession, not a fraternity.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:23 PM

Protests spread over police shootings. Police promised reforms. Every year, they still shoot and kill nearly 1,000 people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...82b_story.html

To protect (white people) and serve (rich white people).
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 AM

There is a move on to de-fund, with a side of de-militarizing, police departments that get a disproportional amount of a municipality's funds. Of course the Mango Mussolini is going to use that to sow further division. He will vigorously attempt to tied de-funding with disbanding. Saying "they" want no policing so "they" can run wild in the streets attacking law abiding white folk. "They" being Blacks, Hispanics, illegals, ANTIFA and every other boogie-man the right has been using to scare people with. I would not be surprised to see one of the idjits on Faux News to accuse the BLM movement of being at the root of it. Should this concept get floated it will go right into tRumps limited thought process. Orange Blob has already tried to tie the de-fund movement to Joe Biden who has already said he's not in favor of defunding. Since the Mango Jeezus has uttered it and of course Faux News will repeat it the tRumplings will regard it as the holy gospel and refuse to believe anything else.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:16 AM

FOP should be the target for shielding the bad actors.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Are you a child?
I'm 66. How about you?
Old 06-09-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I believe in effective civilian oversight and accountability for standardized strictly enforced standards and practices.
Law enforcement should be a profession, not a fraternity.
On that we strongly agree. However, in our current culture I actually have very little respect for anyone that would aspire to be a police officer. I see them as either thugs or hopelessly naive. Or it's the only job they can find that pays very well.

People think I support what the cops did to George. I don't. My problem is that I actually see NO good guys in this case. And the key point for me is that the protesters are being absurdly reckless, going off half cocked on partial information. I know they "have their reasons", but EVERYONE has their reasons for acting badly. Ask any guy with a bad temper that, after the fact, justifies his "blowing off steam" by punching his wife for burning dinner. That's how I see the protesters.

The wheels of justice were moving without the protests. But it is possible that the protests gave us another Zimmerman/Martin case. That is, if they result in over charging, these cops could go free. And if they were obeying their department's policy and the autopsy shows the cause of death was something other than the knee to neck, well, these cops are gonna walk.

That is worth pondering.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
On that we strongly agree. However, in our current culture I actually have very little respect for anyone that would aspire to be a police officer. I see them as either thugs or hopelessly naive. Or it's the only job they can find that pays very well.

People think I support what the cops did to George. I don't. My problem is that I actually see NO good guys in this case. And the key point for me is that the protesters are being absurdly reckless, going off half cocked on partial information. I know they "have their reasons", but EVERYONE has their reasons for acting badly. Ask any guy with a bad temper that, after the fact, justifies his "blowing off steam" by punching his wife for burning dinner. That's how I see the protesters.

The wheels of justice were moving without the protests. But it is possible that the protests gave us another Zimmerman/Martin case. That is, if they result in over charging, these cops could go free. And if they were obeying their department's policy and the autopsy shows the cause of death was something other than the knee to neck, well, these cops are gonna walk.

That is worth pondering.
Martin was complicit in his own demise, but Zimmerman instigated and escalated the confrontation, and as the "adult" in the matter, should have acted responsibly. I see him as the only guilty party because of that.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 AM

What the city where defunding police worked really tells us about it

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/camde...105251107.html

Quote:

Complaints of excessive force have come down 95% since 2014, according to the department’s own metrics, and unlike violent protests across the Delaware River in Philadelphia last week, Camden enjoyed shared, peaceful protests between police and demonstrators.