Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:05 PM

Please don't bother DeeRay, this guy is soaked in snake oil.

When Bee asked Schiff to describe someone whose work would be worth, say, $2, Schiff said:

"You know somebody who might be? Maybe somebody who is, uh, you know, what's the politically correct word? Uh, you know, uh, for, uh, you know, mentally retarded? ... I'm not going to say that we're all created equal ... you're worth what you're worth." The full video is here.

http://mic.com/articles/80609/there-...g-peter-schiff

When one person gets quoted one too many times in one post, there is usually a credibility issue. and here we are.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
How would you know living in your little bubble. Dray you never even looked at any of that video documentation I posted. So I can only come to one, well maybe two conclusions. You're incapable of learning or you're just lazy.
No one is capable of digesting all of the information that is thrown out there on the net. To make any sense of it, one must develop a means of recognizing clues that suggest whether the information has any value. One of those clues is the source of the information. If the person hawking the information has shown himself/herself to be devoid of reason or credibility, the odds are good that the information is not worth the investment of time. No, I didn't follow the links.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
No one is capable of digesting all of the information that is thrown out there on the net. To make any sense of it, one must develop a means of recognizing clues that suggest whether the information has any value. One of those clues is the source of the information. If the person hawking the information has shown himself/herself to be devoid of reason or credibility, the odds are good that the information is not worth the investment of time. No, I didn't follow the links.
You're limiting your knowledge gained with a bigoted attitude.

Pretty much what I'v known all along but hey what the heck you're just who you are.

It's a shame that you don't look at the one speach and not see that he nailed it. Giving verbatim the Housing Bubble and financial crash prior to it happening.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
You're limiting your knowledge gained with a bigoted attitude.

Pretty much what I'v known all along but hey what the heck you're just who you are.

It's a shame that you don't look at the one speach and not see that he nailed it. Giving verbatim the Housing Bubble and financial crash prior to it happening.
Bigoted?!?!

ps Anyone with a high school education and two brain cells to rub together could see that there was a housing bubble going on when it was happening.

Last edited by bobabode; 08-03-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Jigsawed

Anyhow 427 do you discern any trend?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Jigsawed

Anecdotaly I would say things are looking up.

Recently 109 thousands people paid $45 to $189 to watch a friendly soccer
match in Michigan.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Anyhow 427 do you discern any trend?
Are you serious?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Anecdotaly I would say things are looking up.

Recently 109 thousands people paid $45 to $189 to watch a friendly soccer
match in Michigan.
It's early here I'll get back to you on your first comment.

This one I'll just say people live in the here and now without the slightest concern for tomorrow.

How hard is it to store 3-4 days of drinking water in ones home, keep your pantry and freezer full of food. Where I live it should be the norm because any minute an earthquake can happen. Now look at Ohio it didn't take even 4 hours for the stores in the vicinity to be completely depleted of anything to drink. It's not enough thou is it.

The mentality of I want what I want now, regardless if I really have the money for it "Ill just charge it" Pepole are living day to day in debt without any backup.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
ps Anyone with a high school education and two brain cells to rub together could see that there was a housing bubble going on when it was happening.
It was pretty obvious to me, but there were a whole lot of people in denial.

I remember back in 2005 one of the newly graduated engineers in our Department bought himself a starter home in a new subdivision for $159,000.

A couple of months later the same model house in that development was selling for $189,000. So the kid takes out his TI-55 and calculates that in six years his house will be worth a million bucks. And he was halfway serious too.

BTW, here it is 2014 and he would be lucky if he could unload that place for $100,000.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It was pretty obvious to me, but there were a whole lot of people in denial.

I remember back in 2005 one of the newly graduated engineers in our Department bought himself a starter home in a new subdivision for $159,000.

A couple of months later the same model house in that development was selling for $189,000. So the kid takes out his TI-55 and calculates that in six years his house will be worth a million bucks. And he was halfway serious too.

BTW, here it is 2014 and he would be lucky if he could unload that place for $100,000.
Very good, a clear indicator that everything is not "Fine"

By the way another indicator is Home sales are way down right now over 2013. Oh and you can't blame winter because April - August is the height of the homes sales market.