Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:44 AM

Ukraine is now using these 200-mile-range electric bikes with NLAW rockets to take out Russian tanks

https://electrek.co/2022/05/17/ukrai...lectric-bikes/
Old 05-18-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Maybe PIO1980 can correct me if I'm wrong, but here goes my understanding.

Marconi used Nicola Tesla's circuitry to patent the crystal radio. Tesla was convinced that he could transmit high voltage DC electric potential just like (and along with) radio waves.

Tesla's goal was to electrify the entire world for free, or at least in manner that the electricity couldn't be meter with a direct charge to the the consumer.

Perhaps this is conspiracy theory nonsense, but I've heard that Westinghouse suppressed Tesla's research.
Of Course there were predecessors for Tesla to follow-up, notably Maxwell, Hertz, and many others.
The RD summary:
Tesla had, like Edison, a very productive early career. He made some advances in wireless transmission and reception that showed practical and commercial promise, as well as other areas of physics, notably AC power. Aside from refinements in the tech, he solved the problem for a practical AC motor, a significant development.
His experiments with wireless control systems showed a potential for wireless communication, which led him to research to develop wireless power transmission.
There was interest in wireless communication and potential for development, which curiously didn't interest him in itself, he thought he could eventually encorporate it with wireless power when it was perfected and ready, an ultimately unworkable concept.
Meanwhile, those anticipating wireless communication were ready for more immediate development, and others stepped up to develop it to practicality.
Young G. Marconi was one with energy, resources, and prominent family connections in England who actively experimented with encouraging results while Tesla concentrated on his other projects. Marconi could see the potential for beyond horizon communications for overland, land-to-land, continent-to-continent, shore-to-ship, ship-to-shore, and ship-to-ship, a vital advance for navigation. Marconi became arguably the most successful in the early days, but it took Edwin Armstrong to make Marconi's ambitious long distance and continent-to-continent communications practical and reliable with regenerative amplifying receiving detectors using deForest audions, the first triode vacuum electron valves. Tesla chose to literally miss out by inattention.
Also, he sold his part of the Westinghouse power system with the perpetual royalty payments outright to Westinghouse to pay for his wireless power research, and to build the experimental wireless power station at Wardenclyffe with equipment loaned by Westinghouse when the money ran short. J.P. Morgan was a major investor until himself and Westinghouse eventually grew weary and wary of the Wardenclyffe project money pit ever producing the promised result and cut off further support, with Westinghouse reclaiming physical assets.
Without the Westinghouse royalties and his resources running dry, he later subsisted in relative poverty, occasionally changing hotel room residences for nonpayment, with rumours of a mystery trunk containing purported assets of questionable value he apparently couldn't cash.

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-19-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 08:50 AM

Detailed info with links@;
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-19-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Ukraine is now using these 200-mile-range electric bikes with NLAW rockets to take out Russian tanks

https://electrek.co/2022/05/17/ukrai...lectric-bikes/
Cool.

They need to add tandem pedals so the back seat guy can pedal, too.
Old 08-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Admin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...a-credit-bill/

Looky here, Brandon is offering freebies. W00T!
Old 08-18-2022, 10:48 AM

I have seen two Rivian pickup trucks and one Lucid Air car so far. What's with the vertical headlights or marker? Caddy started this IIRC and now both Rivian and Lucid is sporting. That alone will stop me from getting one, not that I am in the market.

I don't think the Lucid Air has the elegance of typical upscale German sedans to justify their cost. Tesla Model S was/is quite attractive but their later models look like scaled versions of Honda Insight. But of course, MBZ, BMW and even Honda has crossover models that look like the Model X. So perhaps its consumer driven or drag coefficient driven for empg.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:56 PM

This video is spot on for this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbJ7PFlnH8

Watch the manner in which Alex Jones completely alters the content during his review of Hoovie's video.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:05 PM
Admin

In the latest sign that corporate behemoths are getting behind the shift to electric vehicles, Walmart announced on Thursday that it would install fast-charging stations at thousands of locations around the country. The rollout would quadruple the company’s network of charging stations, currently available at more than 280 Walmart and Sam’s Club stores.

Walmart’s move could help allay a common concern about buying an electric car — range anxiety, the fear of getting stranded with a dead battery and no chargers in sight.

“We’ve got a Walmart store or Sam’s Club within 10 miles of 90 percent of the population in this country,” Vishal Kapadia, the company’s senior vice president of energy transformation, told the Washington Post. “We know we can address range anxiety in a way that no one else can.”

https://www.rawstory.com/walmart-battery-charger/
Old 04-08-2023, 06:04 PM

KIA should come up with a low cost EV named Wally and watch the sales soar, especially they throw in the first year of charging at Wally World.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:43 AM
Jigsawed

House insurance?