Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Ready

It works as a type of sales patter I guess. Buy it and like it.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Admin

In Mobile they harvested a city park tree for Trump's victory tour.

"On the day leading up to the final rally of Donald Trump’s “thank you” tour, city officials in Mobile, Ala., raved about its plans for a festive, Christmas welcome for the president-elect. The mayor’s chief of staff tweeted that the city “did the impossible,” erecting and decorating a 50-foot Christmas tree as a backdrop for Trump’s speech.
But some Mobile residents soon speculated that the majestic cedar tree was one they had seen before, AL.com reported. Just over a mile away from the stadium where Trump would speak, in a public park, a massive cedar tree was gone."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.df9b4b51a49e
Old 12-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Ready

Anything for the Fuher!

I'm sure Trump loved it as much in a momentary glance as the citizens of Mobile would have in 100 more years in the park.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In Mobile they harvested a city park tree for Trump's victory tour.

"On the day leading up to the final rally of Donald Trump’s “thank you” tour, city officials in Mobile, Ala., raved about its plans for a festive, Christmas welcome for the president-elect. The mayor’s chief of staff tweeted that the city “did the impossible,” erecting and decorating a 50-foot Christmas tree as a backdrop for Trump’s speech.
But some Mobile residents soon speculated that the majestic cedar tree was one they had seen before, AL.com reported. Just over a mile away from the stadium where Trump would speak, in a public park, a massive cedar tree was gone."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.df9b4b51a49e
I don't blame Trump for this.

I will send a strongly worded letter to the Mayor demanding that this Colby Cooper shithead be fired. If it were up to me I'd have this fucker burned at the stake, using the trunk of the tree in question as the stake.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...._apologiz.html

Quote:
The chief of staff to Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson issued a public apology Sunday for his responsibility in having a cedar tree cut down at Public Safety Memorial Park Friday and transported to Ladd-Peebles Stadium as a prop during President-elect Donald Trump's rally on Saturday.

Colby Cooper, who has been Stimpson's chief of staff since 2013, said he became "overzealous" in making sure "every detail was covered and the expectations" of Trump's team were exceeded ahead of Saturday's televised rally.

"I now know that there are citizens who are upset and offended that a tree from a city park was used as part of the decorations for the event," Cooper said in a statement sent out to the local media. "I accept full responsibility for having this done. For this, I sincerely apologize. Going forward, I will be more sensitive to the spectrum of concerns regarding trees."
Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Admin

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—After having difficulty persuading prominent entertainers to participate at the event, the Trump transition team announced on Sunday that the Russian President Vladimir Putin would sing at Donald J. Trump’s Inauguration next month.
In a brief statement from the Kremlin, Putin said, “I will be most delighted to perform for my comrade.”
The choice of Putin raised eyebrows in Washington, since the Russian, while famous for invading neighboring countries and imprisoning political opponents, is not particularly well known as a singer.
The Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway pushed back against such criticism during an appearance on CNN. “If we limited ourselves to people who had talent and experience, that would disqualify half of our Cabinet,” she said.
Putin’s choice of musical material also stirred controversy, as politicians on both sides of the aisle questioned his plan to perform the Russian national anthem.
According to those critics, the spectacle of Putin praising the glory and majesty of Russia in song would be inappropriate for the Inauguration of an American President.
In an attempt to quell that controversy, Putin said late on Sunday that he would instead serenade Trump by singing the Bette Midler classic, “Wind Beneath My Wings.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...p-inauguration
Old 12-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—After having difficulty persuading prominent entertainers to participate at the event, the Trump transition team announced on Sunday that the Russian President Vladimir Putin would sing at Donald J. Trump’s Inauguration next month.
In a brief statement from the Kremlin, Putin said, “I will be most delighted to perform for my comrade.”
The choice of Putin raised eyebrows in Washington, since the Russian, while famous for invading neighboring countries and imprisoning political opponents, is not particularly well known as a singer.
The Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway pushed back against such criticism during an appearance on CNN. “If we limited ourselves to people who had talent and experience, that would disqualify half of our Cabinet,” she said.
Putin’s choice of musical material also stirred controversy, as politicians on both sides of the aisle questioned his plan to perform the Russian national anthem.
According to those critics, the spectacle of Putin praising the glory and majesty of Russia in song would be inappropriate for the Inauguration of an American President.
In an attempt to quell that controversy, Putin said late on Sunday that he would instead serenade Trump by singing the Bette Midler classic, “Wind Beneath My Wings.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...p-inauguration
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b092f086866277

So what's your problem with Jackie Evancho and Andrea Bocelli Bob?

Quote:
Jackie Evancho And Andrea Bocelli Will Sing At Donald Trump’s Inauguration
Old 12-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Admin

No Ted 'Stinkin' Pantsload' Nugent?
Old 12-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
No Ted 'Stinkin' Pantsload' Nugent?
I dunno.

You're the one that seems to be interested in him.

Why don't you call his agent?

Old 12-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b092f086866277

So what's your problem with Jackie Evancho and Andrea Bocelli Bob?
Bocelli backed out.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Bocelli backed out.
So not only do the Clinton THUGS bully teenaged girls, but they also go after a blind guy.

How low can you get?

http://freebeacon.com/culture/andrea...-inauguration/

Quote:
Andrea Bocelli will not perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration in January after some fans launched a “Boycott Bocelli” movement on social media to protest the famed tenor working with the president-elect.

A source told Page Six that it was his fans’ disappointment that kept Bocelli from performing.

“Bocelli said there was no way he’d take the gig … he was ‘getting too much heat’ and he said no,” the source said.

Another source gave a different reason, however, telling Page Six, “Trump suggested to Bocelli he not participate because of the backlash. It’s sad people on the left kept him from performing on a historic day.”

It is unclear whether Trump initially approached Bocelli to perform at the inauguration on Jan. 20 or Bocelli offered his talent.

The chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, Tom Barrack, told CNBC on Tuesday morning that Bocelli and his wife have been friends with Trump “since the very beginning” and that the Italian singer said he would perform if it would be helpful.

“[But] Donald said, ‘You don’t need to. We’re not in that kind of a framework. Thanks very much for the offer. You’re my friend. You are always welcome at the White House,'” Barrack said. “It never got to: Can you, will you, would you with either of them. They’re just great friends. And that was it.”