Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
No Whell, I show that I can get cost schedules, reimbursement rates, utilization costs, billable costs, wait times, legislative impact of new laws, new patient demographics, and allocated resource plannning discussions at the drop of a hat. These professional medical providers all have strong opinions about their facets of expertise, and know far more about how we could better the system than you and I.

If you were an expert in this field, you would not have had your insurance hiccup, per ipso facto. Please stop throwing cow patties, when there are numerous people here who have had more experiences than you, and have access to far more data and analytic information than you.
Well, you know republicans, they know all there is to know about everything and they are always right, even when they are wrong.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
No Whell, I show that I can get cost schedules, reimbursement rates, utilization costs, billable costs, wait times, legislative impact of new laws, new patient demographics, and allocated resource plannning discussions at the drop of a hat. These professional medical providers all have strong opinions about their facets of expertise, and know far more about how we could better the system than you and I.
I have no idea what aspect of my response you're attempting to refute here, or if you're simply stating that you have access to information. If you're so inclined to attempt to refute any aspects of my posts here, then by all means grab that data and compile it into a meaningful contribution to this discussion.

Quote:
If you were an expert in this field, you would not have had your insurance hiccup, per ipso facto. Please stop throwing cow patties, when there are numerous people here who have had more experiences than you, and have access to far more data and analytic information than you.
What insurance hiccup are you talking about? Please be specific, because I don't remember having an insurance hiccup, nor posting about one here.

I'm not an expert. That's apparently your department. I've seen no one, including you, respond in this thread with any of the "data and analytical information" that you're referring to, even though I've provided such references. So, until that happens, I'll simply assume that you're blowing smoke for the sake of blowing smoke.

Last edited by whell; 05-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Well, you know republicans, they know all there is to know about everything and they are always right, even when they are wrong.
Why not actually post evidence to back up your claims that I'm somehow "wrong" about something? You know, make a constructive contribution to the thread, if you're able.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Admin

How Odious Is the House-Passed American Health Care Act?

Let Us Count the Ways It Hurts People With Disabilities. ACLU

"Last week, 217 members of the House of Representatives voted to decimate our country’s safety net for people with disabilities. And many of them gleefully toasted its passage on the White House lawn with President Trump. Yet, on every front, the American Health Care Act (AHCA) threatens the civil rights, health, employment, freedom, and the very lives of millions of people with disabilities in every state across our country.

Now that the debate moves to the Senate, with so much at stake if this cruel bill passes into law, it’s worth taking a moment to really understand the ways the Obamacare repeal bill harms people with disabilities. There’s nothing to cheer or grin about here.

Taking an Ax to Medicaid: According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the AHCA slashes $839 billion from Medicaid over the next 10 years. Medicaid currently works as a partnership between the states and the federal government, with each dollar from the state matched by an equal or greater federal investment. Federal dollars have allowed states to expand services to people with disabilities and address the needs of people with disabilities on waiting lists. Through “per capita caps,” the AHCA dramatically slashes future federal funding for Medicaid, limiting the ability of states to respond to the needs of their residents." ACLU

continued here - https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-free...t-hurts-people
Old 05-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Sorry about the insurance, Whell. That was Zerojunk's fumble, not yours.

As far as arguing facts with you, no one on this site has ever won an argument with you, or even shaded your opinion...both because you are a dogmatic ideologue, and because no one in this universe is more brilliant than you.

Since you are so well versed and knowledgeable about all things medical, without looking at any googled information, please answer these three questions.

What are the three largest use rate states that utilize telehealth/telemedicine?
Ballpark, what monetary value is telemedicine valued at this year?
What rate is telemedicine projected to grow at for the next three years in the US?
Old 05-09-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the insurance, Whell. That was Zerojunk's fumble, not yours.

As far as arguing facts with you, no one on this site has ever won an argument with you, or even shaded your opinion...both because you are a dogmatic ideologue, and because no one in this universe is more brilliant than you.

Since you are so well versed and knowledgeable about all things medical, without looking at any googled information, please answer these three questions.

What are the three largest use rate states that utilize telehealth/telemedicine?
Ballpark, what monetary value is telemedicine valued at this year?
What rate is telemedicine projected to grow at for the next three years in the US?
A quiz? Really?

Why not actually contribute to the discussion. So far, you've not done that. Your sarcastic comments notwithstanding, I don't regard myself as an expert. I do believe that gov't policy decisions - particularly the ACA - put too much focus on elements of health care service delivery that moved the cost needle in the wrong direction.

Your questions about medicine - I'd have to guess at the answers, though last I saw telemedicine was looking to top $30B last year. The issue with telemedicine - I'm a fan, by the way - is getting states to move faster to develop policies that allow for parity in reimbursements to services offered in - office. Also, some states blocked expansion of telemendicine services because their position (probably supported by lobbyists) was that telemedical services should only be delivered in "rural areas". Its picking up speed, state rules are slowly changing, but it has slowed adoption and limited access to a vehicle that could help support lower medical costs. Physicians are traditionally licensed by state, which slows the growth of a telemedicine. National licensing rules would help here. A great example where regulation has blocked innovation.

Last edited by whell; 05-09-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Let Us Count the Ways It Hurts People With Disabilities. ACLU

"Last week, 217 members of the House of Representatives voted to decimate our country’s safety net for people with disabilities. And many of them gleefully toasted its passage on the White House lawn with President Trump. Yet, on every front, the American Health Care Act (AHCA) threatens the civil rights, health, employment, freedom, and the very lives of millions of people with disabilities in every state across our country.

Now that the debate moves to the Senate, with so much at stake if this cruel bill passes into law, it’s worth taking a moment to really understand the ways the Obamacare repeal bill harms people with disabilities. There’s nothing to cheer or grin about here.

Taking an Ax to Medicaid: According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the AHCA slashes $839 billion from Medicaid over the next 10 years. Medicaid currently works as a partnership between the states and the federal government, with each dollar from the state matched by an equal or greater federal investment. Federal dollars have allowed states to expand services to people with disabilities and address the needs of people with disabilities on waiting lists. Through “per capita caps,” the AHCA dramatically slashes future federal funding for Medicaid, limiting the ability of states to respond to the needs of their residents." ACLU

continued here - https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-free...t-hurts-people
Please refer me to the sections in the AHCA that "threatens the civil rights, health, employment, freedom, and the very lives of millions of people with disabilities in every state across our country."

Sheesh. Does the hysteria on the left know no bounds?
Old 05-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Admin

Pfffft. As if you were worth the keystrokes, Mike...
Old 05-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Pfffft. As if you were worth the keystrokes, Mike...
Yeah, I knew you had no idea. Figures.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A traditional supply & demand relationship can only exist when a customer is working with complete information as to relative quality, effectiveness, availability and price. A person who gets in a car wreck, has a kidney stone or suffers a heart attack or stroke isn't able to evaluate the relative cost and efficacy of his health care options or the cost/benefit relationship of the various treatments/drugs offered to treat his condition (even if complete cost and quality information was available, which it isn't).
Yeah, its been a few days and I'm still waiting for any kind of fact - based responses. Not going to hold my breath.

I did come across a little nugget that I saw a few months back, and thought I'd post it here, since it has bearing on the discussion. As Finn did above, start talking about consumerism in health care purchases, Health Savings Accounts, etc., and folks on the left will reliably start talking about emergency services as an example of why consumerism doesn't work.

Turns out that's not a bad argument, but only as it relates to somewhere between 2% and 10% (depending on what study you want to look at) of health care spending annually. That leaves - conservatively - 90% of health care costs that might be better managed with the consumer making informed decisions about their health care spending.

Another lefty red herring removed from the pond.