Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Would polluting with wreckless abandon help in any way?

Dave
I gave up seven V8 vehicles and kept one 4cly truck. Do you still drive a V8?

I'm not raggin' on ya, Blue.. I think the RT is cool. I seen a big difference in gas money though when I went back to driving my 4 banger truck. I miss the V8's when I start up a hill, or someone races their engine at me at a redlight. But it costs to play and I got wise to wasting money that woulda been nice to have saved.

Last edited by hillbilly; 08-15-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Last night doing work in my shed I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. In the middle of August I generally must use a fan at night as it is to hot and muggy in there. I shoulda been breaking a sweat busting head bolts lose, but it was oddly chilly last night. It'll be muggy again in a day or two they say.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Last night doing work in my shed I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. In the middle of August I generally must use a fan at night as it is to hot and muggy in there. I shoulda been breaking a sweat busting head bolts lose, but it was oddly chilly last night. It'll be muggy again in a day or two they say.
I've really enjoyed this summer. Was in the 50's this morning, and got up to maybe 75 this afternoon. Not bad for the middle of August. Still didn't set a record.

Now in my short lifespan, I've seen it from -20 to 115 here in the lovely state of Missouri...and very few times were any records broken. And considering how long we've been keeping records, and the reliability of much of those records, it tells me something.

So I'm enjoying it while I can...it won't stay this way for long.

Chas
Old 08-15-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I gave up seven V8 vehicles and kept one 4cly truck. Do you still drive a V8?

I'm not raggin' on ya, Blue.. I think the RT is cool. I seen a big difference in gas money though when I went back to driving my 4 banger truck. I miss the V8's when I start up a hill, or someone races their engine at me at a redlight. But it costs to play and I got wise to wasting money that woulda been nice to have saved.
Hell, I'd be happy if I could get by with a 1/2 ton pickup.

Had to go to the city three times today, because a lady couldn't make up her mind as to what tile, then the grout, she wanted. Probably drove 200 miles, and at 10 MPG as average, it wasn't cheap. Besides wasting most of my day.

Then I had to stand there with a dumb look of my face, along with my crew, on my dime...while she thumbed through "A Better Homes and Gardens"...outta be against the law to sell shit like that to wimmen. The grout issue was from watching an interior designer on HGTV, who stated that charcoal grout went better with black and SS appliances. I bought every kind of grout they sold...and she selected black.

Personally, I thing it's gonna look like shit on a white chicken, but who asked me? There ought to be a law against HGTV, and any of those mindless home improvement shows as well.

Just the price of poker, I guess.

Chas
Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've really enjoyed this summer. Was in the 50's this morning, and got up to maybe 75 this afternoon. Not bad for the middle of August. Still didn't set a record.

Now in my short lifespan, I've seen it from -20 to 115 here in the lovely state of Missouri...and very few times were any records broken. And considering how long we've been keeping records, and the reliability of much of those records, it tells me something.

So I'm enjoying it while I can...it won't stay this way for long.

Chas
I'm enjoying it too. I prefer it to be just cool enough at night to need a shirt. Putting on the shirt felt just right, but when it's the normal temp for this time of year.. theres only so much you can do to find comfort in the sticky air.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Hell, I'd be happy if I could get by with a 1/2 ton pickup.

Had to go to the city three times today, because a lady couldn't make up her mind as to what tile, then the grout, she wanted. Probably drove 200 miles, and at 10 MPG as average, it wasn't cheap. Besides wasting most of my day.

Then I had to stand there with a dumb look of my face, along with my crew, on my dime...while she thumbed through "A Better Homes and Gardens"...outta be against the law to sell shit like that to wimmen. The grout issue was from watching an interior designer on HGTV, who stated that charcoal grout went better with black and SS appliances. I bought every kind of grout they sold...and she selected black.

Personally, I thing it's gonna look like shit on a white chicken, but who asked me? There ought to be a law against HGTV, and any of those mindless home improvement shows as well.

Just the price of poker, I guess.

Chas
I hung on to the old dually long as I could. It needed a clutch that really wasn't hard to put in, but I only used it to bring in hay. I found a guy that sells hay and delivers it to me cheaper than I was buying it and going after it. Plus I figured it was one less automobile to keep tagged and insured. Still got the 79 Camaro my wife bought in highschool, but it's not going anywhere. Thats how I met my wife, by working on that car. Our daughter wants the car so bad she can't stand it, but it isn't happening.