Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Really? Folks on the left loved Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson, but that all changed when Trump took office??! You're either totally misinformed or spectacularly naive.

By the way, should we rename Fort Bragg, since it was named after a Confederate General? Fort Benning? Fort Hill? Fort Hood? Fort Lee?
You forgot Forts Gordon, Pickett, Polk and Rucker, and Camp Beauregard.

I've no problem removing traitors' names from our nation's military establishments. No point in continuing to honor the discredited Lost Cause take on the Civil War.

Last edited by nailer; 08-18-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Listen to the rough, tough Neo-Nazi who was involved in planning the Charlottesville Neo-Nazi shit show crying like a baby because people are criticizing him. I guess he wants some constructive dialog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmWo8f7y2c
Dude! Didn't you listen, he's scared the radical blues are going to kill him.

I wonder what that pussy's been snorting?

BTW, did anyone notice how he's set up an I was in fear for my safety defense for when he shoots threatening radical blues?

Last edited by nailer; 08-18-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

BTW, did anyone notice how he's set up an I was in fear for my safety defense for when he shoots threatening radical blues?
I couldn't make it to two minutes. Donca know, he's just a law-abiding nazi. (spell-check wants me to capitalize nazi. Nope.)
Old 08-18-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Well shit, Barney, why stop with the Confederacy? Why not just kick the statues of all of the founding fathers to the curb? Before the Confederacy, there was slavery in the USA, right?
Michelle Obama reminded us recently that the White House was built by slaves.

The country I was referring to was the United States of America. The truth about just how this country was founded needs to be faced and accounted for. Nothing to be proud of when you really look at just how the country was populated by Europeans in general.
Just what part of the forming of the country one remembers matters. One segment holds them as good o days is another's nightmare.
The FF were traitors to the crown when forming our country, flawed they were. Knew that the country would need to evolve and took steps to allow that to happen.
The CSA were traitors, rebelled against the rest of the country. Showing or keeping a statue of a general or politician who was responsible for the deaths of loyal citizens make no real sense. Other then to remind of the possible threat in the future if you upset like minded once again. Intimidation!
The election of Obama showed the country to have changed much from the time of slavery. That it had grownup and a now a once lowest of the the low segment of the population achieved the highest office in the land.

Still can't believe I have to argue with anyone who defends the confederacy or Nazi scum in 2017.

Barney
Old 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Rational Anarchist

The best history of the American Revolution I've read was written by a Brit. The story was pretty much the same and it was fun seeing us referred to as rebels. Pretty sure he never called us traitors. In fact, many Englishmen and Scots were sympathetic to the rebellious colonists' cause.

Last edited by nailer; 08-18-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

The little Nazi pussy now has a couple of arrests warrants out on him.

A white supremacist from Keene, N.H., who was prominently featured in a recent Vice News documentary about the violence in Charlottesville, is wanted for arrest on charges in Virginia, authorities said.

Christopher Cantwell, who is seen in the documentary denouncing Jews and declaring, “a lot more people are gonna die before we’re done here,” has two outstanding warrants stemming from the rally where a counterprotester was killed last weekend.

Officials from the Virginia Commonwealth Attorney’s Office said Thursday that Cantwell is wanted for illegal use of gases, and injury by caustic agent or explosive. Both are felony charges, officials said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...NRP/story.html
Old 08-18-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Absolutely. Are you feckin' blind? Trump's profound malignancy is tearing the country apart, while you and your ilk defend every malignant thing he says and does. You have a ways to go to recover the standing necessary to engage in constructive dialog after all of your defense of the biggest destructive force this country has seen in a generations.
I've defended little. I've questioned a lot and disagreed with your assessment of events, and that apparently just pisses you off. You can't stand that someone might have a differing opinion that you apparently. Too bad for you.

It was you that started to refer to folks who disagreed with your assessments of Russian "interference" in the election being traceable to the Trump campaign, and you started referring to folks who disagreed with you as comrade. It is you who constantly suggests that Trump is a fascist, but I doubt Trump's ousting of Bannon (which is long overdue IMHO) will change your talk track on this.

In fact, you can't wait to find a way to connect anything and everything you don't agree with lately to Trump and his supporters, including Charlottesville. Do you really believe that all Trump's supporters were cheering the "Unite the Right" crowd last weekend? I'm sure you do.

You acting like an angry, bitter, hate - fulled, but hurt little boy, but you have the gall to suggest that I've "lost standing".

You're hilarious!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
I've defended little. I've questioned a lot and disagreed with your assessment of events, and that apparently just pisses you off. You can't stand that someone might have a differing opinion that you apparently. Too bad for you.

It was you that started to refer to folks who disagreed with your assessments of Russian "interference" in the election being traceable to the Trump campaign, and you started referring to folks who disagreed with you as comrade. It is you who constantly suggests that Trump is a fascist, but I doubt Trump's ousting of Bannon (which is long overdue IMHO) will change your talk track on this.

In fact, you can't wait to find a way to connect anything and everything you don't agree with lately to Trump and his supporters, including Charlottesville. Do you really believe that all Trump's supporters were cheering the "Unite the Right" crowd last weekend? I'm sure you do.

You acting like an angry, bitter, hate - fulled, but hurt little boy, but you have the gall to suggest that I've "lost standing".

You're hilarious!
Talk about projection, this one takes the cake.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
...Do you really believe that all Trump's supporters were cheering the "Unite the Right" crowd last weekend?...
The "Unite the Right" crowed was 100% Trump supporters and they liked him specifically due to his overt racism (in rental properties, Central Park Five, Birtherism, Judge Curiel, equivocation on Neo-Nazis... what else do you need?) What do you like so much about him that allows you to overlook this? His incessant lying? His hair? His misogyny? His corruption? His Neo-Nazi sympathies? His Russian connections? Are your standards for public behavior really that low?

Last edited by finnbow; 08-18-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Loyal Opposition

Finn, you were wrong to suggest that Whell has lost standing here.