Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
To tell the truth, John, I never realized just what a limited amount of "cranks" the "audiophobe" community consisted of...until I got on the WWB.

I suppose the big boys with deep pockets walk into a high dollar boutique and say "Give me the best!" Somebody has to buy this stuff up front, I only suppose that I really can't appreciate just how just poor I really am.

But when I cruise these forms, it's always the little guy with a limited budget who participates. Hell, when I search some of the stuff I've got, I pop up.

Can't help to suspect that if it's a trophy wife, a Labroghini, or a villa, all you have to do is drop a pile of change, and it proves that you've arrived.

Wonder if they're willing to take a percentage on what they've got once they're bored.

Bottom line is, I don't realize just how poor I am.

Chas
Yeah, Chas, the people who just go out and stroke a check for whatever the hell they want are a different breed. I think the enjoyment they get from their "things" comes in large part from the impression they make on others. I think that's a pretty sad way to go through life when your happiness is derived from the response of someone else.

As far as my gear is concerned, it's the result of a gradual process of accumulation, assessment and revision over a period of years. To me it represents an achievement that I take some pride in but most of all it's a source of pleasure derived from the beautiful music it allows me to enjoy.

I can't see these high rollers taking the trouble.

John
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Area Man

You know it was kinda fun when I finally went and bought my McIntosh amp. When I went in and said I was looking to buy Mac, they started kissing my buttocks and calling me Mr. Read, brought me a cup o' coffee to sip on while I "auditioned" the equipment. I sat there wondering how they would act if they knew I was just a loser mechanic who saved up for NINE YEARS to buy this friggin thing? It was a once in a lifetime thing, but it was fun to pretend I was rich.

Dave
Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You know it was kinda fun when I finally went and bought my McIntosh amp. When I went in and said I was looking to buy Mac, they started kissing my buttocks and calling me Mr. Read, brought me a cup o' coffee to sip on while I "auditioned" the equipment. I sat there wondering how they would act if they knew I was just a loser mechanic who saved up for NINE YEARS to buy this friggin thing? It was a once in a lifetime thing, but it was fun to pretend I was rich.

Dave
Everyone should buy themselves a great big present like that every so often.

Happy Day Zero of Zappadan to one and all!

John
Old 12-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Administrator

I am not going to slam anyone for spending any amount ( small or large on gear ) but I will say if it makes ya happy then more power to ya.

As for my own system, yes its worth many times what my automobiles cost me, but I saved and worked hard to get it over the course of many years.

Being a bit more serious for a sec on the topic posed here, Having personally owned something like 1500 plus, pieces of equipment, yes I have seen caps smoke. Its far from a scam and more then a little bit of a fire hazard.

I won't even get in to the sonic difference re-capping makes cause there are other places for that..
Old 12-22-2009, 07:43 AM

oh hell no, we aint a goin there,,,
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I am not going to slam anyone for spending any amount ( small or large on gear ) but I will say if it makes ya happy then more power to ya.

As for my own system, yes its worth many times what my automobiles cost me, but I saved and worked hard to get it over the course of many years.

Being a bit more serious for a sec on the topic posed here, Having personally owned something like 1500 plus, pieces of equipment, yes I have seen caps smoke. Its far from a scam and more then a little bit of a fire hazard.

I won't even get in to the sonic difference re-capping makes cause there are other places for that..
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT GRUMPY WHEN I CRANK MY DOKKEN REAL LOUD AN I START TO ROKKK OUT AN BOB MY HEAD AN PLAY AIR GETAR I DONT THINK YOUR CAPS MEAN A THING CEPT THE ONE ON MY HEAD THAT KEEPS MY LONG ASS HAIR OUTTA MY FACE LIKE AXL'S DOES

regards THE CRANNKKKKKKEERRRRRR!!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT GRUMPY WHEN I CRANK MY DOKKEN REAL LOUD AN I START TO ROKKK OUT AN BOB MY HEAD AN PLAY AIR GETAR I DONT THINK YOUR CAPS MEAN A THING CEPT THE ONE ON MY HEAD THAT KEEPS MY LONG ASS HAIR OUTTA MY FACE LIKE AXL'S DOES

regards THE CRANNKKKKKKEERRRRRR!!!!!

Dear gawd, Kam has been possesed by a ghost of xmas past !!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Resident octogenarian

Looking for my ten foot pole.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Dear gawd, Kam has been possesed by a ghost of xmas past !!!!
I thought you'd like that

For my next retro trick, I will drink tuna water while wearing borrowed underwear!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Rotflmao!! I'd pay to - not see that

Pete