Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Audiokarma Temp

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM

free tube gear score!

so I was checking the free ads on craigslist and there was one mentioning some free speakers that wasn't too far from my house so I went and checked it out. turns out the property was a former group home for the retarded and the company that was running the facility that was trying to do a rent to own situation fell threw, the home itself was also shut down for mistreatment of its patients, anyway I get out there, it was down a long driveway where I saw a small group of houses, all were overgrown and trash was all over the place. I got the speakers which are 1980s BPC era whitewall woofer JVCs, cabinets in bad shape but good drivers still

after I loaded those into the car I walked around the property looking at all the stuff. behind the house out in the woods I came across a Hammond tube organ, looked to be a old B-3 but it was in horrible shape, cabinet was water damaged, had a termite infestation, and was full of mouse poop. it was a B3 and if it had been in better shape I would have dragged it home, but it was awful, so I robbed the amp, preamp, speakers, and reverb unit out of it.

the woofers although rusty dare not damaged. seem to be Jensen specials but not sure

the amp is push pull mono 6bq5 based. rough shape, it was exposed to the elements for a lot of years. dunno if it works yet