Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Admin

Joking about suicide, eh Joad? Did you think I hadn't seen that?

At least you had the decency to delete that scummy post.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:00 AM

What a load of cheery picked and targeted self serving borderline sexist innuendo laced attacks. But I'm not surprised at the way the Trump campaign or his supporters have handled this recent event. After his well know treatment of a reporter with disabilities earlier. Shows just how much compassion or understanding is at the core.

When both of these candidates up in age, running at full steam. Just how much is to be expected from the elderly? Only a fool would be surprised at any issues from either of these candidates. Much like the veiled Sundowners referrals to Trump in the past.

HRC on her worst day is still light years ahead in abilities to the Orange one!

Barney
Old 09-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Mutated Member

I hope for a speedy and entire recovery - pneumonia sounds dangerous!

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 09-12-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Conservative doctors can make a correct diagnosis without ever meeting the patient? WOW, that's amazing!

Or.................they're full of shit. Which, knowing conservatives and their claims of super-human abilities, is entirely plausible.
Surely you remember Terri Schiavo, even politicians diagnosed her case.

It has gotten to the point that even the talking heads now believe all this mythology about Hillary. I very nearly threw my glass at the TV during last Friday's PBS Newshour. David Brooks (who I mostly disagree with but had respect for until now, implied that donors to the Clinton Foundation were granted favors - except that there is no proof that this ever happened. Some were granted audiences but the buck stopped there.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-12-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Persona non grata

Hillary Clinton's Health Scare: 9 Unanswered Questions

Much to the chagrin of the Clinton Cult Worshipers, there are a number of very legitimate questions about her health and the way her campaign is handling this issue. It is not going to go away. .

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...stions-n646551

Quote:
Clinton's campaign has been tight-lipped about the Sunday incident, releasing only two short statements throughout the day. Many lingering questions could be easily cleared up by the campaign, while others will take time. Here are nine big questions we still have:
continue
Old 09-12-2016, 08:10 AM

I'll say this about the latest Clinton health - related drama: Like many things Clinton - related, much of the damage here is self-inflicted.

Last month I started with a similar cough to Hillary's. Just as it was starting to get bad, I had to travel for work to a team meeting in Miami around the 15th of the month. It got so bad that my boss told me to go back to the hotel and rest. I went to a local "Minute Clinic", was diagnosed with bronchitis, and got some antibiotics.

However, it refused to go away. Three courses of antibiotics later, the cough is finally starting to recede. While battling this, and watching the reporting of Clinton's health from "the margins", I couldn't help but wonder if she was battling something similar to my ailment. In fact, the doc I saw told me that many, many people were reporting suffering from similar ailments to mine this summer, so why not Clinton?

The point: I have no doubt that she was probably under a physician's care for these symptoms prior to the pneumonia diagnosis on Friday last week. However, throughout the last month, her campaign has scoffed at "rumors" of poor health. Even on Sunday, the campaign remained guarded about releasing any health info, or even telling the press that she left the 9/11 event early. So, now the damage - control about Clinton's health and stamina will need to begin in earnest.

Sure, she's in a tough campaign and making public statements about health issues would make her vulnerable. However, the response to this issue from Clinton and her surrogates resembles Clinton's response to so many other things: deny, obfuscate, prevaricate, delay, etc. Any fallout from this will be at least partially self inflicted.

Even the guy at WaPo who told everyone "enough already" about Clinton's health issues is now stating that her health is now an issue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tial-campaign/
Old 09-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Rational Anarchist

And now we know why she's been hiding.

Last edited by nailer; 09-12-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And now we know why she's been hiding.
On that point, I'd suggest that Hillary has been pretty consistent. She limits her exposure to the media pretty aggressively, but not specifically due to any health issues IMHO. Lack of media access, or very managed media access, has been pretty consistent throughout her political career.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Joking about suicide, eh Joad? Did you think I hadn't seen that?

At least you had the decency to delete that scummy post.

I know you want to get rid of me Bob.

But I intend to stick around.

At least until Nov. 9th, when I get to have my big "I told you so" moment.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
On that point, I'd suggest that Hillary has been pretty consistent. She limits her exposure to the media pretty aggressively, but not specifically due to any health issues IMHO. Lack of media access, or very managed media access, has been pretty consistent throughout her political career.
Considering how the media has twisted nearly everything she says I don't blame her. Meanwhile they give the orange baboon free coverage.