Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
How come I only see trolls trying to suppress the truth. No comment otherwise to debunk my statement, just name calling.

Because you all know the truth maybe and have no legs to stand on in re-writing history?

Thanks for doing the right thing, President George W Bush.
Tell me, something; What is the underlying truth about war, the military and why so many jump at the chance to go fight even when they have little or no understanding of the purpose of the war to begin with? When the only information they have is the pseudo-truth fed to them by the media?

First a shot across your bow;

I was once a young man who ran to the recruiter on his 17th birthday with a head full of silly, propaganda driven notions. I still have pride in my service and would still do the same if I had it to do over again for a number of reasons. However, I am not 17 anymore. My view of the subject is far more complex and realistic than it was in 1981.

In short; I have come to face the fact that I was mind controlled by people who were using me as a pawn......to put it politely.

Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 AM

The original impetus for the review was H.R.606, the Leonard Kravitz Jewish War Veterans Act of 2001. The bill was introduced by Rep. Robert Wexler, D. Fla. Co-sponsors were Rep. Benjamin Gilman, R. NY, Rep. Joseph Crowley, D. NY, and Rep. Eric Cantor, R. Va.

The following year, 2002, the provision to investigate and correct other cases of discrimination in the awarding of the Medal of Honor was added as an amendment to the Defense Authorization Act of 2002.

Bush merely signed a defense authorization bill. Can you see hm NOT doing that?

John
Old 03-19-2014, 09:47 AM

-5... If you are a fan of Bush, you might not want to keep highlighting an effort he made at something that he failed to accomplish. After all, one doesn't have to look far to find his failures and adding another to the list does him no good at this point.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Area Man

Tell it, John.

Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The greatest disrespect you can ever show our military is to waste their lives fighting and dying under false pretense.
Or to expend their lives for nothing greater than ego.

That's one of the things I've noticed about the recent Crimean situation: the amount of people who do not understand that aggressive intervention on the part of the United States to militarily meddle in something that we cannot stop would be weakness and stupidity.

What we're doing shows strength (i.e., we're being reserved out of choice, not because we couldn't do something).

But Republicans have built their machine on the the appearance of strength, not actual strength. That's the GWB legacy.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Tell me, something; What is the underlying truth about war, the military and why so many jump at the chance to go fight even when they have little or no understanding of the purpose of the war to begin with? When the only information they have is the pseudo-truth fed to them by the media?
Nationalism temporarily filling their search for meaning.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 AM

Dave, this is like the economic recovery under Clinton being credited to Reagan because he ended the cold war.

And by the way, this is a reason why I have elected "This message is hidden because 4-2-7 is on your eff off list."
Old 03-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Resident octogenarian

You beat me to it Dave, so are supposed to thank him forr wasting all those bright young lives, usually they put you in jail for homicide.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Or to expend their lives for nothing greater than ego.

That's one of the things I've noticed about the recent Crimean situation: the amount of people who do not understand that aggressive intervention on the part of the United States to militarily meddle in something that we cannot stop would be weakness and stupidity.

What we're doing shows strength (i.e., we're being reserved out of choice, not because we couldn't do something).

But Republicans have built their machine on the the appearance of strength, not actual strength. That's the GWB legacy.
So then Zeke besides Abraham Lincoln can you name me a Republican POTUS who ever won a war?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So then Zeke besides Abraham Lincoln can you name me a Republican POTUS who ever won a war?
Do they have to be President at the time?