Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Don’t spend the $1.50 all in one place.
Clueless little troll. This is what you sound like when you parrot Nancy Pelosi, which seems like most of the time.

Do a bit of research, and you'll find out what the numbers actually look like. For someone like me, it'll be about $1300, which is like getting an extra paycheck or two in a year. If you don't think that'll be felt by the average Joe and be very helpful to the average family, you're a lost cause.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Clueless little troll. This is what you sound like when you parrot Nancy Pelosi, which seems like most of the time...
Paul Ryan said what he said about a $1.50 pay raise. Don't pin Ryan's cluelessness on Chicks.

BTW, your article shows that a person earning $50k per year gets a 1.4% raise ($570), whereas a person earning $500K gets a 4.3% ($21,240). It seems this article supports Chicks' assertion and refutes yours.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-07-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:57 AM

Whell no doubt missed the Ryan reference. Doubt it was mentioned by his “news” sources. Clueless, indeed.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I suspect he'd be OK with that since the Dow was up over 500 Pts today, and is still way up from where it was a year ago.

On the other hand, I recall some folks around here blaming Bush for the sad state of the economy for years after Barry took office.
Trump needs to be consistent. If Obama unemployment number was phony then do not celebrate the unemployment report which uses the same methodology.

And what with this more money for military in the time of tax cut?
BTW the Military just report that it cannot account for 800 million dollars.

Trump is not serious. He is just kicking the can down the road. Nobody is dealing with the mounting debts, deficits and the printing of phony money.
It was laughable yesterday to hear the chorus of pundits saying "fundamentals are sound".

One thing is certain the people overseas are wising up to the fact that we are naked and are going to be very wary to buy our increasing debts.

Last edited by Dondilion; 02-07-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Trump needs to be consistent. If Obama unemployment number was phony then do not celebrate the unemployment report which uses the same methodology.

And what with this more money for military in the time of tax cut?
BTW the Military just report that it cannot account for 800 million dollars.

Trump is not serious. He is just kicking the can down the road. Nobody is dealing with the mounting debts, deficits and the printing of phony money.
It was laughable yesterday to hear the chorus of pundits saying "fundamentals are sound".

One thing is certain the people overseas are wising up to the fact that we are naked and are going to be very wary to buy our increasing debts.
Excellent post!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:45 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
In the “old days,” when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down. Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!
6:59 AM · Feb 7, 2018

WTF? Sigh.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 AM

For the Dotard, money and economics has never been his strong suit and why he had to declare bankruptcy frequently. Here is a very informative article, doubt the dotard has the attention span even if some one explained to him what is going on. I very mucn doubt that this swing is temporary nor the uptick yesterday real. Seemed more like a market manipulation than an adjustment though it did make whell happy. Chances are whatever whell pay ckeck will go up by will be more than swallowed up by higher interest rates and inflation.

The Era of Easy Money Is Ending, and the World Is Bracing for Shocks
Quote:
Higher rates diminish speculation that can end badly by making credit more expensive. They slow economic growth while making stocks less appealing, because corporations must pay more to keep up with their debts. Investors can make more just by keeping their holdings in cash or bonds, rather than by accepting the higher risk of stocks.

The bitter irony of the current swoon is that it was triggered by the emergence of something the world has been awaiting for years: higher wages for workers.
Sad but true. Better to have stable prices and low inflation rather than raising wages.

Also with the rising employment rates, the treasury revenues also increases and spending it on tax cuts was wasteful. If it could have been reinvested by spending on infrastructure, this would have continued to increase employment and sustained increased tax revenue. As it stands now, tax revenues are substantially reduced, the money given back to corporations and the wealthy will never see the light of day in the economy and as such is permanently squandered.

Expect states and local governments to start hurting again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/b...T.nav=top-news

Last edited by Rajoo; 02-07-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 AM

If I had been offered $1300 to vote the Trump ticket, I would have turned it down.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:26 AM

It cost me $61+ for a fill up yesterday, quite a shock. Been under $55 for quite some time. Had not had to fill up in over two weeks so did not see the prices creep up. There goes the big fat raise that I had given myself from Trump tax cuts.

Of course I will be net negative in a big way since my property tax write off has been capped.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Of course I will be net negative in a big way since my property tax write off has been capped.
Yes, hopefully this will be a huge issue for the likes of Devin Nunes and his hateful ilk. Assuming voters who elected them have any sense whatsoever, which is unlikely.