Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I was gonna say whell, not sour grapes, but partisan obstruction :wrysmile:

Pete
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The week after the election, unemployment claims spike across the country. So much for unemployment trending down. Sure, some of the claims can be attributable to Hurricane Sandy. However, the two states with the highest number of reported claims last week were PA and OH.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/e...m#.UKUY_uRi6SF
How about a wider focus, Whell? 1.8 million less moochers on the dole ought to warm the cockles on every accountant's cold heart.

"The total number of people claiming benefits in all programs for the week ending October 27 was 4,977,808, a decrease of 100,423 from the previous week. There were 6,773,260 persons claiming benefits in all programs in the comparable week in 2011." From the above link

Last edited by bobabode; 11-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
How about a wider focus, Whell? 1.8 million less moochers on the dole ought to warm the cockles on every accountant's cold heart.

"The total number of people claiming benefits in all programs for the week ending October 27 was 4,977,808, a decrease of 100,423 from the previous week. There were 6,773,260 persons claiming benefits in all programs in the comparable week in 2011." From the above link
How 'bout these numbers:

"New figures released by the Census Bureau this week found a spike in poverty numbers last year, going from 49 million in 2010 to 49.7 million last year. The numbers may come as a surprise to Congress, which estimated in September that the poverty rate would drop to 46.2 million. One of the most startling findings showed that almost 20 percent of American children continue to live in poverty."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...cans-affected/
Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Somehow, there's an inference within the OP that these numbers would have been significantly better if Romney had been elected. I hope nobody here is stupid enough to believe that.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
The week after the election, unemployment claims spike across the country. So much for unemployment trending down. Sure, some of the claims can be attributable to Hurricane Sandy. However, the two states with the highest number of reported claims last week were PA and OH.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/e...m#.UKUY_uRi6SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Quote:
How 'bout these numbers:

"New figures released by the Census Bureau this week found a spike in poverty numbers last year, going from 49 million in 2010 to 49.7 million last year. The numbers may come as a surprise to Congress, which estimated in September that the poverty rate would drop to 46.2 million. One of the most startling findings showed that almost 20 percent of American children continue to live in poverty."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...cans-affected/
Is this a thread about random statistics?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.chrisschmied.com/wp-conte...2/meatloaf.jpg

Pete
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM

What a stupid thread.

"Stop being the stupid party."
--Bobby Jindal, November 2012
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Maybe if Obama asked Romney real nice he would show him how to create those 12 million jobs.

Carl
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Area Man

Reactionary employers having an juvenile temper tantrum is all it is.

Someone should take them behind the barn and make men out of them.

Assholes.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-15-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Of course the unemployment figures look bad right now.... We are in a recession and one that can't be turned around over night.... Or in four years for that matter.
I have a hard time understanding how people can be so partisan that they lose a grip on reality. Everyone wants the economy to improve but no body wants to make the sacrifices it will take to get to a stable economy. Further more, they want a stable economy NOW, forgetting how long it took to dig this hole in the first place.

(sorry, Whell, this rant wasn't directed at you personally, your words just got me started into it....)
Well, it works that way in the movies!

Geez, Barbara, where is your head?

Regards,
Dave