Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You need the history class. Or maybe read the book. One of the themes was that the family was "saved" when they went to work on the government "plantation." The book actively promoted sociali$m...kinda like our current Prez.

Wait. The dust bowl conditions were not a result of government policies? You mean to say government policies can't change the weather? You realize that statement puts you at odds with the Dem establishment, right?
Cliff Notes Politics from Whell! Who'd a thunk it?

John
Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think you need to find that book and read it.
I already have, so I'd invite you to do the same. Since it is a book that casts sociali$m in a positive light, you'd probably enjoy it.

Quote:
The Romney/Ryan ticket, coupled with the huge drought we're experiencing, would put us right back into those times. Hell, we already have the vigilantes roaming the Southwest.

John
You really should send your resume to the DNC, or maybe PrioritiesUSA. You'd do very well writing copy for lefty political ads.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Hell, we already have the vigilantes roaming the Southwest.

John
Let's just hope they are well armed.

As for the Ryan issue, I would go so far as to say this entire mess that has resulted from 4 years of Obama in charge will have been worth it just to see Ryan debate Biden. Hopefully Jolten Joe won't asked any cripples to stand up and be recognized. I want new material.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Let's just hope they are well armed.

As for the Ryan issue, I would go so far as to say this entire mess that has resulted from 4 years of Obama in charge will have been worth it just to see Ryan debate Biden. Hopefully Jolten Joe won't asked any cripples to stand up and be recognized. I want new material.
No disrespect intended but to suggest that 'the mess' is a consequence of the Obama presidency ignores the 8 years that preceded it. On the other hand, the Republican position always has been that this Democratic President hasn't cleaned up quickly enough the Republican disaster that was handed to him.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Although I think a Romney/Ryan administration would be an unmitigated boon for the top 2% and a disaster for ther rest of us, I like the fact that the American public now has a very clear choice between two very different views of the direction the country should take. I too look forward to the donnybrook that will be the Biden/Ryan debated.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
No disrespect intended but to suggest that 'the mess' is a consequence of the Obama presidency ignores the 8 years that preceded it. On the other hand, the Republican position always has been that this Democratic President hasn't cleaned up quickly enough the Republican disaster that was handed to him.
Why don't you guys ever mention Congress when shoveling blame back to the Bush administration? Bush is to blame for a lot of this mess, because he didn't use his veto pen. It was the Dems though (Frank, Reid, Pelosi, etc) that kept saying how wonderful it was that anyone who wanted to could own a house, and that Fannie and Freddie were just fine. Selective memory is a terrible thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5qK...eature=related
Old 08-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Why don't you guys ever mention Congress when shoveling blame back to the Bush administration? Bush is to blame for a lot of this mess, because he didn't use his veto pen. It was the Dems though (Frank, Reid, Pelosi, etc) that kept saying how wonderful it was that anyone who wanted to could own a house, and that Fannie and Freddie were just fine. Selective memory is a terrible thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5qK...eature=related
Right back at you, sir. And the Republican House of Representatives has been oh so cooperative in trying to address the very issues that the Republicans are taking Obama to task for not fixing. You can't have it both ways - it's either the President's responsibility or it's not. Which is it?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Right back at you, sir. And the Republican House of Representatives has been oh so cooperative in trying to address the very issues that the Republicans are taking Obama to task for not fixing. You can't have it both ways - it's either the President's responsibility or it's not. Which is it?
Cry me a river. The Dems used the first half of Obama's term to pass a stimulus package that primarilly benefits the Dem's union constituents while pushing debt to unprecedented levels, then wasted nearly 18 months on health care while unemployment continued to be issue most American's were concerned about. The Repubs aren't blameless - which is what the Tea Party is really all about - but if anything this election cycle will be about the economy - the same thing it was about in 2010.

The Dems have unfulfilled promises to run on relative to the economy, and that's about it. That's what Ryan's selection as veep is all about. It will make the election largely about the state of the economy, which is the last thing that Obama and company want.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Cry me a river. The Dems used the first half of Obama's term to pass a stimulus package that primarilly benefits the Dem's union constituents while pushing debt to unprecedented levels, then wasted nearly 18 months on health care while unemployment continued to be issue most American's were concerned about. The Repubs aren't blameless - which is what the Tea Party is really all about - but if anything this election cycle will be about the economy - the same thing it was about in 2010.

The Dems have unfulfilled promises to run on relative to the economy, and that's about it. That's what Ryan's selection as veep is all about. It will make the election largely about the state of the economy, which is the last thing that Obama and company want.
Not crying at all; just calling it as I see it.

And I couldn't disagree more with respect to what Ryan's selection is about and what it will mean for the election. Ryan was picked to provide some political cover for Romney who is by any measure at best a (gasp) moderate or at worst a political pandering flip-flopper. He's no one's conservative and if any of the conservative posters on this forum think otherwise then I suggest you check his record.

What Ryan's selection means with respect to the election is that it provides to the American voting public a very clear and distinct choice between two visions for how this country should be governed.

As I've indicated multiple times I'm an Independent and a moderate and I very much look forward to seeing what direction the country takes. I
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
These republicans are doing exactly what the people elected them to do, stopping Obama's so************************t cradle to grave government agenda. Do you really think that the 2010 sweeps were because folks wanted Republicans to go to congress and back obama's play. Re-read my earlier post, I said Bush was to blame. I can't say the same thing about Obama though, because I believe his presidency will eventually end up meaningless (think Carter).