Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
What's impressive is the lengths that the US propaganda machine has gone to to Demonize Castro.
He, by his own actions, demonized himself. You sure seem to have a thing for authoritarians.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's another article from a Pulitzer Prize winning foreign affairs journalist and author:

Fidel Castro, when he died Nov. 25, left behind him a nation that does not, in any public space, mourn or even acknowledge the 5,600 Cubans who died in front of Castro’s firing squads, or the 1,200 murdered in “extrajudicial assassinations,” or any of those who were jailed, tortured or died escaping his regime. No Cuban has been allowed to publish, in Cuba, a true history of his populist revolution, one that repressed and murdered the existing elite in order to put an even more vicious and more incompetent elite in its place. Because Cubans have limited Internet access, they can’t access the Cuba Archive, an online record of the Cubans murdered by the Castro regime, or any of the books and articles written about the country overseas. There is no hall of memory for the victims, as there is at Ground Zero, and their names are not carved into any stones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...r-tragic-past/
Where's the hall of memory to the indigenous people we massacred and the captive Africans we murdered, tortured and enslaved in the process of creating this nation? Hole of memory more like.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Where's the hall of memory to the indigenous people we massacred and the captive Africans we murdered, tortured and enslaved in the process of creating this nation? Hole of memory more like.
We're partway there. http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11002
Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
While we do indeed tend to engage in revisionist history regarding the Indian Wars, our Phillipine genocide, etc., it isn't illegal to write or talk about it.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Persona non grata

Dr Denise Baden battles with the establishment view of Fidel Castro at the BBC

Another excellent video that gives a more truthfull picture of Cuba under Fidel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApT5wYHSCg

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-28-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I love that the commie died on Black Friday, biggest capitalist day of the year!
Agreed.

However, I would also like to point out the mobs of greedy, sometimes violent Americans pushing, shoving and in some cases beating the shit out of each other over sales prices and suggest that not all is wonderful about our system, either. We have become far too aggressive in our selfish materialism. I like my toys. But, I'm not beating anyone down for a few bucks off a flat screen.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-28-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
He, by his own actions, demonized himself. You sure seem to have a thing for authoritarians.
A lot of that going around, lately. I got a kick out of people who praise and defend Putin, holding him out as an example of what this country needs.

"Well at least he loves Russia."

They need to feel loved, I guess.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
A lot of that going around, lately. I got a kick out of people who praise and defend Putin, holding him out as an example of what this country needs.

"Well at least he loves Russia."

They need to feel loved, I guess.
The fact is Putin is extremely popular among the Russian people, as was Castro with the Cuban people.

I for one think they are in a Helluva lot better position to judge than someone whose only exposure to these figures has been the lies and propaganda put out about them by the US government.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Agreed.

However, I would also like to point out the mobs of greedy, sometimes violent Americans pushing, shoving and in some cases beating the shit out of each other over sales prices and suggest that not all is wonderful about our system, either. We have become far too aggressive in our selfish materialism. I like my toys. But, I'm not beating anyone down for a few bucks off a flat screen.
I hate stores. I hate shopping. I wouldn't be caught out on Black Friday if you paid me. They could turn every big box into distribution warehouses and do solely home delivery and it'd be just fine with me.
People are idiots, hung up on material things, as you said. As they age, some of them will figure it out. Note you don't see a lot of folks over 40 engaging in this crap.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:34 AM

Looks like Canadian soccer fans agree that Castro's reign should be denounced.
Not the first time they've booed this Trudeau idiot, and it won't be the last.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/11..._13272622.html