Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

My guess this fact was considered by the President and knew it was going to be a hard fight anyway so fight that battle later by someone else.

Barney
Guess that will all depend on who is in office when (if) the economy gets better.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Guess that will all depend on who is in office when (if) the economy gets better.
The economy has been poised to "get better" since 2009. (In fact, for a handful of Americans, it has.) But, it won't get much better for the rest of us until he's gone and maybe not even then.

Because what some movers-n-shakers in the world of business see as "good", is only good for them and at our expense. So, when they don't get their way, they make life hard for us. And when they do get their way, life will get harder for us anyways.

Until we roll out the guillotines. Then, they might finally see the virtue in generosity.

Dave
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The economy has been poised to "get better" since 2009. (In fact, for a handful of Americans, it has.) But, it won't get much better for the rest of us until he's gone and maybe not even then.

Because what some movers-n-shakers in the world of business see as "good", is only good for them and at our expense. So, when they don't get their way, they make life hard for us. And when they do get their way, life will get harder for us anyways.

Until we roll out the guillotines. Then, they might finally see the virtue in generosity.

Dave
Hopefully their eyelids will be glued open when the blade drops.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
A lot of people in this country do.

For example Obama is considered a so************************t by many in this country.

That's laughable.

The Dude is Center-right.

There needs to be a narrative change in this country, because much of what is considered left and liberal here, ain't liberal at all.
No argument. But lemme say this then...there are enough people who identify themselves as Democrats and who voted for Obama who want nothing to do with single payer that it's dead. We know the cons and Republicans oppose it and will always oppose it...so the real reason why we don't have it and probably won't is due to Democratic voters who oppose it.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Hopefully their eyelids will be glued open when the blade drops.
Perhaps they can be rehabilitated.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Perhaps they can be rehabilitated.

Regards,

D-Ray
One of my absolute favorite movies. Easily in my top five.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:41 PM
reflexionar

I need to watch that again someday soon. I don't think I have seen it in 20 years.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 AM

""Enjoying that are you my darlin'? Bit cold and pointless isn't it my lovely? What's happened to yours my little sister? ""

""What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.""

Gotta be one of the best pickup lines ever!

Back on subject now, just yesterday one of my sisters a TP BTW called after finally calling on the ACA. Was pretty mum on how much she would save. Said it was ""cheaper"" but was real upset she has to report their earnings. Felt everyone should get the same insurance no matter how much you earn. I'm sure she meant just those who work!

From the mouth of a Tea Party Rush FOX junky!

Barney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clockwork Orange girls.jpg (57.6 KB, 6 views)