Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Will Trump and the Birthers now shut up?

Obama releases his long form birth certificate:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/...th-certificate

Will Trump and his fellow travelers now have the decency to say "Sorry that we've been such barking fools"?

I kinda like the little blurb below the long form certificate from the White House communications fellow:

"At a time of great consequence for this country – when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue. The President’s hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

Last edited by finnbow; 04-27-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Area Man

It's about time. Should have done it long ago. Probably didn't realize so many Americans actually pay attention to such stupidity.

Dave
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It took some time to be certain all avenues were covered, and for the forgery to be perfect

Finn, do you think it's even possible for Trump to shut up? lol.

Pete
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It's about time. Should have done it long ago....
I'm not so sure, Dave. Allowing this to fester to the point that it became an article of faith to the GOP allowed Obama and the Dems to draw a contrast between themselves and the crazies who have taken over the GOP.

Here's an interesting op-ed piece from today's Post, published before the release of the long-form certificate;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...xsE_story.html

"Haley Barbour’s announcement Monday that he will not seek the presidency is just the latest sign that politically sentient Republicans fear their party’s voters have moved so deeply into la-la land that winning their support in next year’s primaries could render their nominee unelectable in November....But Republicans are massively distracted by birtherism. A New York Times-CBS News poll last week showed that while 57 percent of Americans believe that President Obama was born in the United States, against 25 percent who didn’t, just 33 percent of Republicans believed him American-born, while 45 percent did not. The Republican level of birtherism was effectively identical to that of self-identified Tea Party supporters, 34 percent of whom thought Obama was U.S.-born, while 45 percent did not.
Which is to say that the loopy, enraged divorce from reality of the Tea Potniks has infected the entire party."

Obama seems to have followed the old adage "never interfere with your enemy when he is destroying himself." Obie played these clowns like a fiddle.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Well, I guess The Donald won't shut up:

"Donald Trump, who's popularity as a possible Republican presidential contender shot up after he started questioning the whereabouts of President Obama's birth certificate, said Wednesday he is "so proud" the president has finally released his forms.

"I am so proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish," Trump said from Portsmouth, N.H., where he was giving early primary voters a close-up look at a potential presidential campaign.

"I feel I've accomplished something really, really important and I'm honored for it," Trump said."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...h-certificate/

What a friggin' maroon.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Well, I guess The Donald won't shut up:

"Donald Trump, who's popularity as a possible Republican presidential contender shot up after he started questioning the whereabouts of President Obama's birth certificate, said Wednesday he is "so proud" the president has finally released his forms.

"I am so proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish," Trump said from Portsmouth, N.H., where he was giving early primary voters a close-up look at a potential presidential campaign.

"I feel I've accomplished something really, really important and I'm honored for it," Trump said."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...h-certificate/

What a friggin' maroon.
From the same article, a paragraph that would have even P.T. Barnum confused.

"A Gallup/USA Today poll released Tuesday found that only 38 percent of Americans said they believe Obama was definitely born in the United States while 18 percent said he probably was and 15 percent said he probably was born in another country. Nine percent said he definitely was born elsewhere. The same poll showed only 43 percent believed Trump was born in the United States and 20 percent said he probably was."

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
From the same article, a paragraph that would have even P.T. Barnum confused.

"A Gallup/USA Today poll released Tuesday found that only 38 percent of Americans said they believe Obama was definitely born in the United States while 18 percent said he probably was and 15 percent said he probably was born in another country. Nine percent said he definitely was born elsewhere. The same poll showed only 43 percent believed Trump was born in the United States and 20 percent said he probably was."

Regards,

D-Ray
Hell, I'm not even sure that Trump was born on this planet. His coiffure suggests he may be from the planet Remulak.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It's about time. Should have done it long ago. Probably didn't realize so many Americans actually pay attention to such stupidity.

Dave
I disagree. I think Obie should not have released this.
I see this as another of his mistakes.

You don't respond to morons.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
hell, i'm not even sure that trump was born on this planet. His coiffure suggests he may be from the planet remulak.
:d

Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I disagree. I think Obie should not have released this.
I see this as another of his mistakes.

You don't respond to morons.
At least not yet. You wait until their ultimate nominee gets forced by the Tea Party/Birthers to keep this as a front burner issue. Then you drop the turd in their punchbowl.