Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Israel, as long as the US backs them for all of their apparent actions unconditionally. Will have little reasons to try for a lasting peace. The current unrest with Hamas Hesbulah was not created overnight.

The pure evil and hatred from Hamas needs to be addressed. A coalition of nations is what is needed to fight them. Is this not a situation where the UN should step in and handle the issues. For in truth it is of their creation after all.
From this linked article, Israel estimates the number of Hamas fighters at around 30,000 of which 5,000 have been killed in recent fighting along with 15,000 civilians. So with Israel's stated objective of eradicating Hamas, total civilian deaths could exceed 50,000 while any peace between them will be nearly impossible.

Of course with a government headed by Netanyahu, peace is not their final objective. Ongoing war with Hamas keeps them in power and in Netanyahu's case keeps him out of jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...truction-gaza/
Old 12-05-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
From this linked article, Israel estimates the number of Hamas fighters at around 30,000 of which 5,000 have been killed in recent fighting along with 15,000 civilians. So with Israel's stated objective of eradicating Hamas, total civilian deaths could exceed 50,000 while any peace between them will be nearly impossible.

Of course with a government headed by Netanyahu, peace is not their final objective. Ongoing war with Hamas keeps them in power and in Netanyahu's case keeps him out of jail.

The plan by Netanyahu may be to take over the strip, annexing as a buffer zone to settle. A new disputed territory.

Their version of "from the river to the sea"....

Last edited by Oerets; 12-05-2023 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The plan by Netanyahu may be to take over the strip, annexing as a buffer zone to settle. A new disputed territory.

Their version of "from the river to the sea"....
All the more reason for Biden and his administration not to align themselves with Israel, not only a losing proposition but the world will view this as aiding and abetting the deaths of civilians in Gaza. But perhaps too late, Biden is stuck with the misconception that Israel is our greatest ally. Jewish vote is pretty much evenly divided between the two parties with Dems a very slight edge, so does not help him much in the 2024 elections.

Sadly, opposing Israel earns you the label anti-Semite, so perhaps Biden is in a lose lose situation.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:32 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Look at you, defending the anti-semite.

As I wrote to her to explain, I don't really care what she thinks it means. She also knows what that phrase means to Israelis. And while you can try to explain away her actions by posting the link above where she tries to white-wash a particular phrase, you're not going to get away with that BS. Context is key, and here's the context: https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/sta...226908144?s=20

She wants to make comments like that - and it is by far not the first time ulgy anti-semitic comments have come out of her mouth - within days of when Hamas killed, butchered and raped men women and children in some of the most brutal ways imaginable. She wants to make that case that the loss of life on both sides is regretable, but in the same breath blame Isreal for Hamas' attack. Hamas' actions were a response to the Isreali "blockade" and/or "occupation".

Nope, sorry, it doesn't wash, and she needs to have the voters boot her out because of it.

"peace from the Jordan to the sea" my ass.
I get that you just hate being outed as a piss filled liar once again, Mike Whell. Tough shit.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I get that you just hate being outed as a piss filled liar once again, Mike Whell. Tough shit.
Yep, tough shit for you because:

1) You're trying to excuse the behavior and words of possibly the leading anti-semite in the Dem party, and;
2) You can name-call all you want, but you cannot post one single comment I've made herein that is a lie. Not one.

Sux to be you.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Well, Hamas has a habit of using innocent citizens as human shields. Israel has been announcing where they're going to attack to the civilian population days before they start the attack. Why the civvies are not able to (allowed to?) leave those areas is the question.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:44 PM

Quote:
All the more reason for Biden and his administration not to align themselves with Israel, not only a losing proposition but the world will view this as aiding and abetting the deaths of civilians in Gaza. But perhaps too late, Biden is stuck with the misconception that Israel is our greatest ally. Jewish vote is pretty much evenly divided between the two parties with Dems a very slight edge, so does not help him much in the 2024 elections.

Sadly, opposing Israel earns you the label anti-Semite, so perhaps Biden is in a lose lose situation.
The Biden administration has been cautioning Netanyahu to put a check on the violence against the general population in Gaza for over a month.

There's only so much that Biden can do to temper the excesses of Netanyahu's war against the Palestinians short of putting US troops on the ground.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Yep, tough shit for you because:

1) You're trying to excuse the behavior and words of possibly the leading anti-semite in the Dem party, and;
2) You can name-call all you want, but you cannot post one single comment I've made herein that is a lie. Not one.

Sux to be you.
I just did, you goofball. Wow...
Old 12-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
The Biden administration has been cautioning Netanyahu to put a check on the violence against the general population in Gaza for over a month.

There's only so much that Biden can do to temper the excesses of Netanyahu's war against the Palestinians short of putting US troops on the ground.
There's no possibility of, for example, putting the brakes on military resupply?
Old 12-05-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Well, Hamas has a habit of using innocent citizens as human shields. Israel has been announcing where they're going to attack to the civilian population days before they start the attack. Why the civvies are not able to (allowed to?) leave those areas is the question.
I have not seen any evidence and by the way, whatever happened to the Hamas command center under the hospital in Gaza that Israel tore apart? (roll eyes).

Civilians in Gaza are being killed in very high numbers, certainly disproportionate to the Hamas militants killed, which is Israel's stated objective.

And hey, say Hi to Rashida.