Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2014, 03:37 AM

No rust of any sort on our vehicles ( not even the 79 Camaro ) but my daily driver truck is smashed pretty good. Wife hit a deer at 80 mph and they totaled it. I refused to let 'em junk it and have been driving it as it sits since she hit the deer 14 years ago. Doesn't bother me that it has no hood hinges ( sheered them both out of the metal ) and it's wired to the fenders in the rear. I sold six hotrods, and three trucks but kept my banged up gas saver 94 S10, one nice 99 S10 still mint with very low miles that I never drive, Camaro, two 2000 Cavaliers, and a Saturn. All I got now.. did have a yard full of gas hogs and used to enjoy them.

But you are right, many would spend money if they had it,.. but getting it to spend is another story when employers are sitting on it because they know they can. Sad but true IMO. The fear is in the people.. they've heard ''if we get taxed to death we'll lay-off and work the hell out of the smaller work force or close shop.. or if we are forced to pay more we'll lay-off and work the hell out of the smaller work force or close shop, or if we are forced to pay your insurance we'll lay-off and either work the hell out of the smaller work force or close shop.'' Who's in control, really? It's to the point where the local Ford Dealership started offering 9.00 flat rate to new hire mechanics with ASE certs and expecting that to cover 20k in tool dept ( and that is being very skimpy with tools because the box they prefer you to buy costs half that with no tools in it ) pluss pay their bills at home. The trade has become a joke anymore unless your independent. And what makes it even worse is the fact that they charge the living shit out of the poor customer while paying the tech next to nothing.