Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
you probaly already are a member but here you go also can get specs and such http://www.vinylengine.com/library/h...rdon/t45.shtml
Nope...not a member. Heard of it though. I'll go take a look.

I currently have 6 TT's...two in use, the T-45 and a Linn Sondek LP-12 bought in the late 1970's. Same Grace 727 Tonearm as the day I bought it..Denon 103 cart.

The Thorens T-145, nice but sitting on a shelf.

For the looks, B&O RX and B&O 4004. Both work great. The 4004 is in fine shape and is the most beautiful TT ever made, IMO. Neither one sounds all that good though, even with the fancy schmancy CL cart on the 4004.

I have this Revox B-791 that I bought at an estate sale for 20 bucks. It powers up and runs for about 30 seconds, then goes dead. I've done some initial repairs on it...replaced all the big Frako caps as recommended by some people on AK...they suggested replacing the resistors on the main board so I have them, but I got tired of screwing around with it and never changed those. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that one. The weird paint on it has gone all gummy as apparently they all do...but it's a pretty thing.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post

I currently have 6 TT's...two in use, the T-45 and a Linn Sondek LP-12 bought in the late 1970's. Same Grace 727 Tonearm as the day I bought it..Denon 103 cart.

For the looks, B&O RX and B&O 4004. Both work great. The 4004 is in fine shape and is the most beautiful TT ever made, IMO. Neither one sounds all that good though, even with the fancy schmancy CL cart on the 4004.

I have this Revox B-791 that I bought at an estate sale for 20 bucks. It powers up and runs for about 30 seconds, then goes dead. I've done some initial repairs on it...replaced all the big Frako caps as recommended by some people on AK...they suggested replacing the resistors on the main board so I have them, but I got tired of screwing around with it and never changed those. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that one. The weird paint on it has gone all gummy as apparently they all do...but it's a pretty thing.
oh Man those are all fine examples.I have had a couple B&O's very nice and Mostly Technics the sl 1200,and a Dual..I always Thougt Pioneer And Denon Made the most beautifull looking models with the use of the nice Woods and THe placemnt of the controls.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Clamp? I don't got no clamp. I don't need no clamp. I don't got to show you no stinkin' clamp!

Seriously though...I don't know anything about the clamp for T-series HK turntables.
Now you will want one!

Does it have the HK strobe disc insert on the platter mat? My T-40 does not the weight doubles as the speed indicator also.

The T-45 might not of came with the stabilizer. Or been extra at time of purchase.

Barney
Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 PM

CS-77's for $4.99 each today at Value Village.
Cabs are rough, with some pretty good gouges, and one has a broken lattice and one missing clip. Haven't opened them up to see what the drivers look like yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs-77.jpg (81.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-05-2014, 10:49 PM

BSR 420B turntable with a QLM 30 MKII stylus

missing platter and only one channel but I have to trouble shoot the issues

hopefully an easy fix
seems to work ok and the other channel sounds good I cannot tell what the cartridge is maybe a QLM also nothing is written on it
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Area Man

Quote:

I have a B&O 4002 with one channel dead and a Revox B-795 that works just fine but has the wrong cartridge in it. Gotta have a high compliance cart in those things.

Dave
Old 06-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I have a B&O 4002 with one channel dead and a Revox B-795 that works just fine but has the wrong cartridge in it. Gotta have a high compliance cart in those things.

Dave
When I picked it up at the estate sale, the little B&O RX had a dead channel and it was the cartridge. I bought a new one from Sound Smith and viola!...stereo. Of course, compared with the Linn Sondek or the HK, the thing still sounds like somebody hung a sweatshirt over each speaker...(as does the 4004 even with the CL cart that you'll pay a left lung for on eBay), but they sure are pretty.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Only have four TTs in use; The Yamaha PX-2, a Rega Planar 2 with an RB-300 arm and Origin weight, a Pioneer PL-88fs and a Pioneer PL-44fs. Waiting in the wings aer two more Pioneers a PL-88fs and a PL-05 with the PL-44 cart.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Area Man

Finally!!!

I finally have a score to report;

Nakamichi 480---$20

This makes two, but this one works and runs/sounds excellent!.

The other I tried to restore as it was not working when I bought it. I replaced all the belts, idler and lights. It ran great for about three hours, then went dead. Lights up, tape turns but no sound and after a few minutes it shuts down. Have made several attempts to figure it out, to no avail. I guess it's now a parts machine to support the "new" deck?

Also picked up more albums;

Jeff Beck---Beck-Ola

Mott the Hoople---All the young Dudes

Donald Fagan---The Night Fly

Atomic Rooster---Made in England

$5 each at a local record store called "Vinyl Daze"

Dave
Old 06-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Ready

Don't know the last two guys, but I'd sure give two fivers for the first two....

The Naki I've got is a mere BX-100, and it is clearly a highly-engineered precision machine.
That good 'un you've got is a treasure, I'm sure.