Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM

Okay, this explains a lot...

Well, here's the thing. About five people on Earth know this, but I'm going to share with you guys. Should explain a few things.

Turns out I have ADHD. If you knew me in person you'd say "no kidding". I've been able to cope with it for all these years (I'm not making this up) because of my superior intelligence. No, I didn't go to every Psychiatrist in Denver to find someone to say that. Anyhow, I'm getting meds for it. I'm a little nervous to tell the truth. I've been like this for 42 years. Odd as it is, I kinda like me like this.

Anyhow, I have a great health care anecdote related to the whole thing. So you know how they keep saying if we have a government run health care system (something no one ever proposed) they would get between me and my doctor? You know, implying that the way it is now that never happens. Welllll.

I get a prescription for some new drug. Doctor says it's exactly what I need. Ah, but my insurance company disagrees. Says I need the old stuff. My insurance company. Not my Doctor. How does that work? Does your car insurance company tell you what kind of oil you need? Who the fuck are they to say what meds I should take?! I *PAY* them for insurance. Not for medical advice!

So the doctor writes another prescription. Can't fill that one either. The generic is on long term back order so they need a "preauthorization". Sorry, this is Bull Shit. Getting WAY THE HELL between me and my Doctor.

Yeah. Pissed off. Self medicating tonight. Thinkin' ya'll can figure that out.

So it turns out people with ADHD often have social issues. Tend to piss people off a lot. Who knew? Wonder if I'll be easier to live with.

Take care,

Ed