Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Area Man

I don't give a damn about electric cars. I like gas guzzling hotrods.

Now, if they come up with one that goes from 0-60 mph in less than five seconds, goes 400 miles between charges at a price that I can afford?

They just might get my attention...................

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Of course the rest of cali's dems are as innocent and pure as the driven snow...
No, they're not................

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-06-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I don't give a damn about electric cars. I like gas guzzling hotrods.

Now, if they come up with one that goes from 0-60 mph in less than five seconds, goes 400 miles between charges at a price that I can afford?

They just might get my attention...................

Dave
Ain't that the truth. And motors have theoretical limitless top rpms...

Doesn't this thread belong in conspiracy?

Pete
Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 AM

GM Rocks!

I agree (as often happens) with Rob on this.
They killed the EV-1 which was the right thing to do. It was NOT a success and would never have been marketable. The Volt is actually the first truly usable electric car to come to market (next year).

Also, GM did not have the government subsidizing the development of hybrids like the Japanese government did for Toyota.

If there is one thing the Japanese understand well is that you HAVE to support your domestic industry. This is both the people and the government. The Japanese would never allow foreigners to infiltrate and take over their domestic markets as has happened here.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Hydrogen is the way to go but we need the infrastructure.
From what I've heard, this does seem the way to go.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I actually like the little electric cars. They seem to move out of the fast lane twice as quick when I barrel up behind them and park the front end of my gas guzzling V8 Chevy truck on their little plastic bumpers. Heck, they actual sit so low that I can't even see the driver flashing the bird.
You set us up for that one.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I actually like the little electric cars. They seem to move out of the fast lane twice as quick when I barrel up behind them and park the front end of my gas guzzling V8 Chevy truck on their little plastic bumpers. Heck, they actual sit so low that I can't even see the driver flashing the bird.
Yet another classic post.

Good job. (LOL)
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Remember years ago I passed some crappy little car on a two lane down in Texas. Fellow was running about 50, window down, arm out the window.

I was in my 1 ton Chevy van, 350, auto, glass packs. Anyway, I punched it, the secondaries popped open, dropped a gear a split second later, and I literally raked the side of this poor slobs head with the exhaust pipe at about 4,000 RPM. Wouldn't be surprised if I blew the hat off of his head.

Bet he's still cussin' me. I know I'm still laughing.

Chas
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
GM Rocks!

I agree (as often happens) with Rob on this.
They killed the EV-1 which was the right thing to do. It was NOT a success and would never have been marketable. The Volt is actually the first truly usable electric car to come to market (next year).

Also, GM did not have the government subsidizing the development of hybrids like the Japanese government did for Toyota.

If there is one thing the Japanese understand well is that you HAVE to support your domestic industry. This is both the people and the government. The Japanese would never allow foreigners to infiltrate and take over their domestic markets as has happened here.
Bingo, Buddy !!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

In fact when Florence was living in Japan the import duty on a $15,000 American, or other foreign car, was $15,000. Back in the 80s when I was still in the standards game, one of the Japanese delegates told me that license and inspection fees on his small car ran $500 per year.

But here we have politicians like Senator Corker who rail against GM, Chrysler and Ford getting any assistance yet his home state is offering $500 million to Volkswagen to locate there.

Last edited by merrylander; 11-07-2009 at 07:29 AM.