Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
You mean the Government should get involved in private industry?
Get involved?

What do you think that the goobermitt does with it's pension funds, rainy day funds, etc, etc...bury it in a fruit jar?

The goobermitt probably has more money tied up in the market that private industry.

Chas
Old 03-05-2010, 05:22 PM

An' they ain't already ?!? Where do you think we get safety regs, Corporate Average Fuel Economy, smog regs, lighting standards, tire standards, this standard, that regulation...I'm kinda surprised they haven't "Lowered the Boom" by now....It'd also be a good way for Obama to pick up some much-needed Brownie Points, by showing how much he cares that people don't die in runaway Toyotas...Might also get people's minds offa health care, & they could slide 'er on thru...(grin)
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
An' they ain't already ?!? Where do you think we get safety regs, Corporate Average Fuel Economy, smog regs, lighting standards, tire standards, this standard, that regulation...I'm kinda surprised they haven't "Lowered the Boom" by now....It'd also be a good way for Obama to pick up some much-needed Brownie Points, by showing how much he cares that people don't die in runaway Toyotas...Might also get people's minds offa health care, & they could slide 'er on thru...(grin)
Boy, howdy!!!

What we need is more gubbmitt regulators, sittin' on their asses in some office, feet on OUR desk, sendin' IOC's to more gubbmitt regulators, tellin' us ignert podunks how to run our business, else they take the Hammer of Thor and beat our pocketbooks empty, and hire more regulators to show us nitwits the error of our ways. At the rate of $10 for me, and $10 for you...and if you don't like it, we got free room and board for you hard cases who can't make the connection.

How am I doin', Sandy?

Chas
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I saw a new Japanese car on Top Gear the other nite that I SURE would like to have...Even Jeremy liked it...Funny name, tho...Ichipussi 6900...Don't think they sell 'em over here in the states...
I would really like to see the commercials. I'll bet the standard models aren't carpeted.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I would really like to see the commercials. I'll bet the standard models aren't carpeted.

Regards,

D-Ray
Are tie downs and stirrups in the back seat OEM?

Chas
Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM

I also understand that the Greeks, Japanese, and French have joined in a consortium and are producing the Anakakke MK III.

I'll stick with the old Power Wagon for now.

Chas
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 PM

Yeah, that chit's too rich for my blood anyhow. The Mighty Valdez ain't got much to worry about....It's only got 153K on it, I'm hopin' to get double that, at least..This 153's only took me since Dec '99.....
Old 03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Area Man

Fuck Toyota. I couldn't care less what happens to them.
BTW, isn't the weeping Mr. Toyoda suppose to gut himself now, or something?
One could only hope.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-06-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that chit's too rich for my blood anyhow. The Mighty Valdez ain't got much to worry about....It's only got 153K on it, I'm hopin' to get double that, at least..This 153's only took me since Dec '99.....
I always figure you need at least 150K to see whether you like the old flivver or not.

Chas
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

Only one thing you missed Sandy, now the gummint lets the manufacturers approve their own lights, that's why the new ones are so lousy.