Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I was given a 2 week "time out" at AK for responding to another member's political posts. Apparently, I was marked as "BANNED" during the period of my vacation. Minus 5 and KC may be experiencing a similar "punishment".
I am not familiar with KC but I do not expect a return of Dan. We will see...
Old 04-20-2019, 12:36 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray
Bears repeating.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:54 PM

Im sorry you guys are having these problems....... This is a good site and Grumpy doesnt ask anything except cleanliness and civilness here........
Old 01-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray
Please read and please refrain from commenting on moderation. Thank you.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:16 PM
Admin

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray
A gentle reminder good people. Thank you.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Admin

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray
Once again for the spitballers in the back row. Cool it with the personal insults directed at other members or garner a timeout.
ps This goes for the oldtimers as well.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-06-2022 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:07 AM

I was a member on a political site that had a "no holds barred" attitude about ad-hom attacks. One day they changed their rules and no longer allowed ad-hom attacks. At first, people got one or two week suspensions, but eventually a lot of members simply went away. They could not argue politics/culture without calling their opponents names and most of their posts could be summarized as "You're wrong and you are stupid and/or evil."

The whole place changed. And here's how: The conservative voices got louder and more numerous, and the far left kids went away, leaving in their place, the thoughtful liberals that could actually form cohesive arguments and, as a bonus, actually post in complete sentences.

i.e. it was good all around and became, in many ways, a much better and fairer discussion of current events.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:24 PM

Well, politeness is a winning strategy no matter what your political opinion!
Old 08-05-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjames View Post
Well, politeness is a winning strategy no matter what your political opinion!

_______
Attached Images
File Type: jpg like1.jpg (29.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-13-2022, 11:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I was a member on a political site that had a "no holds barred" attitude about ad-hom attacks. One day they changed their rules and no longer allowed ad-hom attacks. At first, people got one or two week suspensions, but eventually a lot of members simply went away. They could not argue politics/culture without calling their opponents names and most of their posts could be summarized as "You're wrong and you are stupid and/or evil."

The whole place changed. And here's how: The conservative voices got louder and more numerous, and the far left kids went away, leaving in their place, the thoughtful liberals that could actually form cohesive arguments and, as a bonus, actually post in complete sentences.

i.e. it was good all around and became, in many ways, a much better and fairer discussion of current events.
In other words, it became another rightwing echo chamber for unsubstantiated looney-tune conspiracy theories to emanate from. I've been on those sites...... Hoo Wee, the things that come out of nowhere when the inmates are free to run unopposed in the asylum!