Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Loyal Opposition

In the Bedroom: Boston Acoustics A-40. They are directly on each side of the head of the bed. I use them as a sort of super headphones.

In the Living Room: Acoustic Research Connoisseur 345t - Nice compact 3-way.

In the Family Room: Frankenspeakers that were formerly ADC 300b, but now have all new drivers and crossovers – but I got lucky and they sound great. Those are the fronts of the HT and the backs are EPI M-100.

In the Mancave: A local house brand, CDM, with horn loaded mids and tweeters and Utah woofers – plus a rebuilt crossover. I switch back & forth between those and Acoustic Research AR-93, with refoamed drivers and a recapped crossover.

On the workbench: EPI M-60, with refoamed woofers and recapped crossover.

In the Garage: another local house brand, GSL Mirage II. They have a back loaded mid/tweeter that makes for an interesting sound.

Any time I changed the caps on any of them, I added binding posts if they didn’t already have them. Most of them are also sporting a fresh coat of Howards Feed’n’wax or tung oil.

I have set the boys up with Infinity SM-65 (a pair each), Wharfedale Sapphire SP-87, JBL 2800 and some old Pioneer junkers.

I have three or four pair up on Craigslist, and another ten pair or so that will leave when they are ready.

The speakers not in the house that I wish still were are a pair of Infinity RS 325. I sold a stereo set to a friend of my son and was going to send the EPI M-100 with it. I needed to recap the EPI before I sent them, so I let him take the Infinities with him. He liked them so much that he didn't want to trade back, and I wasn't going to be an a-hole about it.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Livingroom. ZilchLab Econowaves with large vented cabinets and 15" woofers. Built by me.

Attachment 1505

Bedroom. ADS L710s Early Model.

Storage. Infinity RS7 w/ crossovers custom built by me.

I rotate the ADS an Infinitys in the bedroom system.

Regards,
Dave
Good to see another Econowave fan. Can't claim to have built mine: that honor goes to Dennis Nagle (dnagle on AK). He got ahold of a pair of Heil AMT-1's and converted them into Econowaves. They sound mighty fine.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Nagle builds like a beaver. He just picked up two DIY cabs from me at the end of summer. They are also for an econowave project.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
In the Bedroom: Boston Acoustics A-40. They are directly on each side of the head of the bed. I use them as a sort of super headphones.

In the Living Room: Acoustic Research Connoisseur 345t - Nice compact 3-way.

In the Family Room: Frankenspeakers that were formerly ADC 300b, but now have all new drivers and crossovers – but I got lucky and they sound great. Those are the fronts of the HT and the backs are EPI M-100.

In the Mancave: A local house brand, CDM, with horn loaded mids and tweeters and Utah woofers – plus a rebuilt crossover. I switch back & forth between those and Acoustic Research AR-93, with refoamed drivers and a recapped crossover.

On the workbench: EPI M-60, with refoamed woofers and recapped crossover.

In the Garage: another local house brand, GSL Mirage II. They have a back loaded mid/tweeter that makes for an interesting sound.

Any time I changed the caps on any of them, I added binding posts if they didn’t already have them. Most of them are also sporting a fresh coat of Howards Feed’n’wax or tung oil.

I have set the boys up with Infinity SM-65 (a pair each), Wharfedale Sapphire SP-87, JBL 2800 and some old Pioneer junkers.

I have three or four pair up on Craigslist, and another ten pair or so that will leave when they are ready.

The speakers not in the house that I wish still were are a pair of Infinity RS 325. I sold a stereo set to a friend of my son and was going to send the EPI M-100 with it. I needed to recap the EPI before I sent them, so I let him take the Infinities with him. He liked them so much that he didn't want to trade back, and I wasn't going to be an a-hole about it.

Regards,

D-Ray
And I thought I didn't know when to quit.

Chas
Old 11-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

I also have a pair of Pioneer S-1010’s in the living room.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Nagle builds like a beaver. He just picked up two DIY cabs from me at the end of summer. They are also for an econowave project.
Not much to do during those long and brutal Michigan winters, might as well build speakers.

My oldest Brother lives in Ohio and stays in his garage during the winter making bows and gunstocks, some for sale.......................(Well, "some" of them are for himself , his son and grandkids.)

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Good to see another Econowave fan. Can't claim to have built mine: that honor goes to Dennis Nagle (dnagle on AK). He got ahold of a pair of Heil AMT-1's and converted them into Econowaves. They sound mighty fine.
Yeah, I've gotten some good pointers from him. Great guy.

Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
DJ is a talented guy. He makes some stone plinths for TTs that are very cool!
Nice kabuki on the Pioneers, man. You know I couldn't let that one go by...
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Hope no one thinks I'm have a problem with hording gear.

Living room
NLA, A-100's, Klipsch KG-2's, Velodyne VX-806

Bedroom
AR-2ax

Cave
Polk 12B's and B&W CDM-1's

Computer
Bozak LS-250's

Garage
Allison Six's

Shop
EPI M60's

Guest Room
ANTHONY GALLO ACOUSTICS MPS 150 2 Necleus Speakers

Barney
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I also have a pair of Pioneer S-1010’s in the living room.

I can see where you had to have them.

I'm fortunate that things like that rarely show up in central Missouri, otherwise I'd have them ricked to the ceiling.

Chas