Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

When'd that ever stop a leftie?

Pete
Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Cept that article is dead wrong. That is not how you cost out something like a new automotive technology. It was just recently written that using the same approach, the first new Ford Fusion sold lost Ford $2 billion. Thankfully, once they sold the second one, the loss dropped to only $1 billion per vehicle.

Lets keep in mind that when the Prius was launched gas was under $1 a gallon. They have now sold more than 2 million of them, even though they lost a ton of money on each one when it entered production. Same deal for the Honda Insight.
What your not taking into account is that the Ford Fusion was a tophat strategy. Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln mkz were all built of the same chassis. One platform built all the models and was very successful...

Last edited by JBS...; 10-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Admin

Teabaggers at AK got the Volt thread over there closed down. I wonder if he'll come on over here? We're far less charitable to the home schooled.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Teabaggers at AK got the Volt thread over there closed down. I wonder if he'll come on over here? We're far less charitable to the home schooled.

Carl
Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 PM

I'd love a little electric for runs to town, but in my environment it's a double edge sword. On one hand, batteries do very well in cold weather. On the other hand, trying to warm the cabin of an electric vehicle would very quickly drain those batteries.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I'd love a little electric for runs to town, but in my environment it's a double edge sword. On one hand, batteries do very well in cold weather. On the other hand, trying to warm the cabin of an electric vehicle would very quickly drain those batteries.
One guy who actually owns one said it had a seat warmer feature that worked pretty good and didn't drain the battery before you would get to the end of the driveway.
I'm with JBStimpy on one thing, it has to be available in a pick up truck version before I would trade in my Ford Ranger V6 for this. I'll even take the gun rack. It would give me a handy place to carry my four foot glass bong...
Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I ended up closing it over there because it got so bad. As a rule, I try not to moderate threads I am heavily involved in, but that one got so nasty I ad to shut it down.

I did invite them over here to discuss. Wonder if they will show up.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
What your not taking into account is that the Ford Fusion was a tophat strategy. Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln mkz were all built of the same chassis. One platform built all the models and was very successful...
And the Volt platform is spawning many models.

Just like the Volt:

The Cadilac ELR:

The VOlt MPV5:

Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I ended up closing it over there because it got so bad. As a rule, I try not to moderate threads I am heavily involved in, but that one got so nasty I ad to shut it down.

I did invite them over here to discuss. Wonder if they will show up.
One can only hope... I almost admonished them a few pages back but figured thay would simply ignore and continue on, as they did. I'm no angel but some, particularly the tea sippers, have that strange disease that their beliefs would be followed by everyone else if they only shout them louder and louder, sprinkled with insults. Exceptualitis coupled with Romnesia... a preexisting condition covered under by Obamacare.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Admin

That Caddy is a work of art!