Catipalism at work.

Regards,

D-Ray
See Noon's latest post.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Not knowing your offense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
the florida govt. is always pulling new crap. this year, the state of florida litarlly QUADRUPLED all dmv prices, including licence plates, drivers licences, tickets, suspensions, and everything else you can think of. my licence is currently suspended and i just found out it will cost over $1500 to get it back! (thats including a $500 suspension fee, $100 re-instatement fee, $250.00 licence plate, $600 new insurance policy, (just for pip) -the state of florida it is a crime to not have car insurance so companies can basicly charge you whatever the hell they want, and also other fees. NO WONDER SO MANY PEOPLE ARE DRIVING AROUND WITH BAD TAGS, BAD LICENCES, NO INSURANCE BECAUSE THE STATE MAKES IT SO GODDAMN EXPENSIVE TO OWN A CAR! seriously? how the hell can they do this??? please tell me how this is legal and how the hell a law like this was ever passed??!!
But I have no sympathy for drunks, speeders, or scofflaws.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac mini View Post
But I have no sympathy for drunks, speeders, or scofflaws.
come on mac, a drunk is generally ok, long as he ain't driving

what i have no sympathy for are folks who text and drive
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Area Man

Florida must have gone Republican, right? That would explain all of your rapidly escalating fees. More to come, StereoRob. Those guys a full of s**t. They're going to rob you blind and have you thanking God you voted for them........'cuz they didn't raise taxes on the wealthiest 2%.

Stock up on Ramen noodles and I suggest you get your garden planted now, before it's too late.

Dave
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

MAD is trying to lower BAC from .08 to .05.

With a pen stroke it would turn millions of law abiding citizens into criminals, milked for the judical/enforcement machine.

Pete
Old 04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
MAD is trying to lower BAC from .08 to .05.

With a pen stroke it would turn millions of law abiding citizens into criminals, milked for the judical/enforcement machine.

Pete
And they would raise millions in revenue without having to call it a "tax".

Florida a red state?

Dave
Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 AM

That`s a real shame about Fla. charging 4X the fees. When I lived there it was incredibly cheap to register, I think buying the new plate was a little expensive but you only had to buy it once and it followed the car if you bought a new one just use your plate.
I don't believe Fees are a Rep. or Dem. thing though.
Here in California we are a heavy blue state and they are chomping at the bit to raise the tag fees. It is only through people like the California taxpayers Association and other advocates that it remains reasonable. I would suspect your state has a similar organization.
MAD I think is just that,When an organization is created it doesn't ever go away, they have funding to maintain, employees to pay and just like a business needs to keep going so what do you do when everything you set out to do is accomplished? You artificially create another problem and reason for existing.
I was just thinking about drinking establishments the other day , and about how every person leaving their establishments is breaking the law so how is it they can still stay in business, At one point or another you are either drunk in public or driving while intoxicated.
Me...I sometimes drink but I buy my booze first and never leave my home just like they want. Besides at 3 bucks a beer I would have to be crazy to go out.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 PM

I pay around $250 per year for license, inspection, insurance, and property tax on my '95 Blazer. It's nothing fancy, but I'm nothing fancy either.

And since I use it for business, I can generally deduct about 75% of the total costs off the top of my taxes. And it also gets almost twice the mileage of my Chevy 3500.

I bought it a few years ago so my wife would have something to drive when it was bad out, and I figure it's already paid for itself. I like things that pay for themselves.

And if it blows up tomorrow, I'll sell it for scrap and be ahead of the game.

But I'm pretty tight when it comes to a vehicle.

Now my rekkord player is something else!!!

Chas
Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
That`s a real shame about Fla. charging 4X the fees. When I lived there it was incredibly cheap to register, I think buying the new plate was a little expensive but you only had to buy it once and it followed the car if you bought a new one just use your plate.
I don't believe Fees are a Rep. or Dem. thing though.
Here in California we are a heavy blue state and they are chomping at the bit to raise the tag fees. It is only through people like the California taxpayers Association and other advocates that it remains reasonable. I would suspect your state has a similar organization.
MAD I think is just that,When an organization is created it doesn't ever go away, they have funding to maintain, employees to pay and just like a business needs to keep going so what do you do when everything you set out to do is accomplished? You artificially create another problem and reason for existing.
I was just thinking about drinking establishments the other day , and about how every person leaving their establishments is breaking the law so how is it they can still stay in business, At one point or another you are either drunk in public or driving while intoxicated.
Me...I sometimes drink but I buy my booze first and never leave my home just like they want. Besides at 3 bucks a beer I would have to be crazy to go out.
I'm not sure what states, if any, have adopted a dram shop law. I believe that England has. Under that law, the seller of intoxicating beverages is responsible for seeing that patrons do not drive if they are intoxicated when they leave. It makes absolute sense to me. The barkeep is selling intoxicating beverages for a profit (and at a substantial markup). Through the operation of his enterprise, people become unfit to drive. That makes it logical to put the purveyor of intoxication to the duty of preventing his intoxicated patrons from getting behind the wheel of a deadly weapon. It's also some pretty good preventative medicine.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I'm not sure what states, if any, have adopted a dram shop law. I believe that England has. Under that law, the seller of intoxicating beverages is responsible for seeing that patrons do not drive if they are intoxicated when they leave. It makes absolute sense to me. The barkeep is selling intoxicating beverages for a profit (and at a substantial markup). Through the operation of his enterprise, people become unfit to drive. That makes it logical to put the purveyor of intoxication to the duty of preventing his intoxicated patrons from getting behind the wheel of a deadly weapon. It's also some pretty good preventative medicine.

Regards,

D-Ray
You'd be real popular down at "Gunny's Shack".

Chas