Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I find the classical to be in near mint shape 75-80% of the time. Finding a jazz record in good shape is a rare moment of good fortune. For a fan of Barbara Streisand, Barry Manilo or Tennessee Ernie Ford, the odds of finding something are pretty good. Finding a decent rock album is somewhere in between finding good jazz and finding Babs. When I'm really hankering for new vinyl, I can usually find something at Vintage Stock for a decent price, and Amazon has started showing a lot of used vinyl at decent prices. Good vinyl sounds great with an Ortofon 2M Blue; ever heard of that?

Regards,

D-ray
Uh, "Babs"? No thanks. My sisters drove me crazy with "Babs" back in the '70s. Now, when I hear that voice, it makes me cringe.

Around here, finding Rock on vinyl that DOESN"T look like someones been serving pizza on it, is nearly impossible.

"Good vinyl sounds great with an Ortophon 2M Blue; ever heard of that?" Damn Skippy, Bud! I "hear of it" every day!

Dave
Old 04-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Uh, "Babs"? No thanks. My sisters drove me crazy with "Babs" back in the '70s. Now, when I hear that voice, it makes me cringe.

Around here, finding Rock on vinyl that DOESN"T look like someones been serving pizza on it, is nearly impossible.

"Good vinyl sounds great with an Ortophon 2M Blue; ever heard of that?" Damn Skippy, Bud! I "hear of it" every day!

Dave
Barbara Streisand is a running joke in any reference to thrifts. I don't think I have once looked in the record bin at a thrift store with being exposed to her schnozz. I think I have seen Zappa with the record actually in the sleeve once. Never found a playable Miles, but I have found a Brubeck or two.

I was kidding Chas about the Ortofon. I know he is a big fan, and he convinced me to try out the Blue for awhile.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Here in Eastern European immigrant land, Polka is King, it's everywhere.

It's also too bad I'm not into Singalongamitch as much as my dad is too

Pete
Old 04-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Barbara Streisand is a running joke in any reference to thrifts. I don't think I have once looked in the record bin at a thrift store with being exposed to her schnozz. I think I have seen Zappa with the record actually in the sleeve once. Never found a playable Miles, but I have found a Brubeck or two.

I was kidding Chas about the Ortofon. I know he is a big fan, and he convinced me to try out the Blue for awhile.

Regards,

D-Ray
Well, if you don't like it, you saved $200 finding out so.

Chas
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, if you don't like it, you saved $200 finding out so.

Chas
Man do my inflections not come through in print. I was making the point that the Blue sounds terrific, but tried to indicate that no one had to tell you that, nor would anyone have to tell Dave that. Anyway, I pretty much trust your judgment when it doesn't have to do with politics.

Regards,

D-Ray