Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Republicans,

So eliminating the gun show loophole, background checks not good. Just blame it on crazy!

So they might just be painting themselves into a corner on the issue. Instead of doing something positive, they go and throw up the hands and do nothing...
Causing the inevitability of a total ban of the weapons removal the threat. The only real way to stop the mayhem!
All of the hi capacity semi auto weapons gone!

Once the Dems control all three branches it may well happen.

Oh, happy day.

You want a pistol to protect your home? Have at it.

You want to shoot Bambi? Moose or sqvirrel? Please do and save me a piece of backstrap.

You want an M16, AK47 and such? Tough shitski, no sale. Move your pale white ass to Somalia. (grin)
Old 08-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
"Don't get me wrong, mental health is important. But I love the implication that solving the whole of the human condition would be easier than regulating something sold at Wal-Mart."

(seen on facebook)
If they were truly interested in mental health care. Then it would be 100% funded thus free to ALL those in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Oh, happy day.

You want a pistol to protect your home? Have at it.

You want to shoot Bambi? Moose or sqvirrel? Please do and save me a piece of backstrap.

You want an M16, AK47 and such? Tough shitski, no sale. Move your pale white ass to Somalia. (grin)
I own a 556 and will be the first to tell ya, it is just used for target practice.
FUN!
A big boy toy!

Not for personal protection at all.

Gladly give it up whenever it is required for everyone. Refuse to until then. Like the Righties knowing a Lefty is armed too! Seeing their confused looks when I'm at the range with my truck with the Obama Bernie Warren Union stickers on it.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I own a 556 and will be the first to tell ya, it is just used for target practice.
FUN!
A big boy toy!

Not for personal protection at all.

Gladly give it up whenever it is required for everyone. Refuse to until then. Like the Righties knowing a Lefty is armed too! Seeing their confused looks when I'm at the range with my truck with the Obama Bernie Warren Union stickers on it.
You admit it a toy. Most toy owners don't. And of course, it's an exquisitely dangerous toy....

"Fuck You, I Like Guns!"
(Be sure to click on this. It's not exactly what it sounds like....)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You admit it a toy. Most toy owners don't. And of course, it's an exquisitely dangerous toy....

"Fuck You, I Like Guns!"
(Be sure to click on this. It's not exactly what it sounds like....)
""This rifle is so deadly and so easy to use that no civilian should be able to get their hands on one. We simply don’t need these things in society at large.""

So true.....

As a gun owner since childhood having the AR is for fun.
Should not be so, for it is very lethal

I'm intelligent enough to know if there was a breakdown in society. Having one would be of little help.

We have a problem right now, needing addressed quickly. Do to inaction over the years.

Not something created to cause fear, imagined future events to sell weapons.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Jigsawed

Note:
Rifles are involved in about 4% of the mayhem.
The populace is well armed.
No government, dem or repug can disarm the people.
In essence there is no solution.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Ready

Yes but that 4% includes the scariest stuff, and is very worth counter-action.

"Well-armed' is a phrase that evokes the power trip of the deadly toys under discussion. But the populace is mostly innocent of any conception of how to use their arms in a military sense, and certainly is not organized and trained to fight together using good tactics. Their arms would be essentially useless to them in a fight against regular troops. One can envision a popular militia, over time, developing effective hit-and-run guerrilla tactics, but they cannot take and hold ground against an army. So they cannot defend their homes and families. The frequent criticisms of holocaust victims for not offering armed resistance reflect total ignorance of the above facts.

A populace that wishes to do so can raise and train troops. But this is a process that would not be materially aided by any level of civilian small arms.

All that is almost beside the point, except as observations on popular ignorance and folly. People into the gun trip THINK they can defy the government if they want, like thinking that, and are not going to give up their ego-flattering delusions easily. But it's a dangerous mindset, and we should try to undermine it. The time may be right to take small steps towards that--banning high-capacity magazines for civilian weapons, and voluntary buy-backs of assault rifles.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Note:
We have not in all reality tried anything yet. They regulated full auto's and the country survived quite well!

Some may think it impossible without even trying. I know we are smarter then this. Get the gun industry and the NRA out of the discussion and workable solutions will be found. Some at first will be painful then forgotten about.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Note:
The solution is repeal of the second amendment, overdue and highly unlikely for the foreseeable future.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/o...amendment.html
Old 08-09-2019, 03:21 PM

We as a society have to decide if allowing the slaughter to continue by allowing the ownership of these lethal toys. Or the elimination of them for they sever no real purpose.
Some will argue they are needed to fight, yes protect against a government in crisis. A government at the point imagined would be immune to a army of citizens . We are in the age of tanks, cannons and drones with smart bombs after all.

The second clearly states "well regulated" and so it should be.

A diligent gun owner always keeps their weapons safe and secure at all times.
So should society do the same.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Surrogate Angels of Death
What to make of the First Lady holding the motherless child and youngest survivor of the El Paso massacre.

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2019/08/t...-shooting.html