Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
The unprepared which is basically everyone even the so called preppers will be faced with a kill or be killed lifestyle.
Preppers understand that very well. That's why being armed like a one man infantry platoon is the key ingredient of their lifestyle. Sometimes I think preppers actually want civilization to collapse so that they can get to play king of the jungle.

John
Old 03-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Ready

If you're imagining a total/long-term breakdown, move to a small town, far from big cities. Do this now. Then prepare for a transition from whatever the place is to a self-sustaining, self-defending agricultural village. The preparations definitively include knowledge-and-attitude work with your fellow villagers ahead of time.

One thing to ponder is the social rehabilitation of any crazies who pop out of holes in the ground in the area....

Of course, i don't imagine a total/long term breakdown. Such has been predicted all my life, and it hasn't happened yet. It's sort of like the second coming of Christ--and not least because a lot of preppers are praying for it....
Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Preppers understand that very well. That's why being armed like a one man infantry platoon is the key ingredient of their lifestyle. Sometimes I think preppers actually want civilization to collapse so that they can get to play king of the jungle.

John
Bingo! They survive while the 'zombies' (the not-actually-humans, guess who they are) all kill each other off, then they get to emerge and be robber-barons of all they survey.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
The unprepared which is basically everyone even the so called preppers will be faced with a kill or be killed lifestyle. Walking dead is not far off in that groups will become factions and lord of the flies type crap will happen very quickly. Not sure I'd really want to live in that sort of world.
Bingo!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

One thing about our possible deeper understanding of the universe, it's such a hostile place for fragile things like us, the Earth, even the Sun that if we were superstitious we'd probably believe it was actively trying to kill us off.

It currently appears the most likely things are asteroid/comet impact or solar flare. Can't rule out manmade biological or chemical disasters though and there are a lot nukes out there.

Pete
Old 03-26-2014, 11:23 AM

There are so many things out of our control completely that could turn us into motor oil so quickly man made weapons are the least worrisome
Old 03-26-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
One thing about our possible deeper understanding of the universe, it's such a hostile place for fragile things like us, the Earth, even the Sun that if we were superstitious we'd probably believe it was actively trying to kill us off.

It currently appears the most likely things are asteroid/comet impact or solar flare. Can't rule out manmade biological or chemical disasters though and there are a lot nukes out there.

Pete
We'll commit suicide.

We are committing suicide.

The planet will shrug us off like a horse to a fly.

The planet will survive but we won't. We're blithely fouling our own nest. It's to the point where immediate drastic changes to every aspect of human society are necessary, beginning right now if we're going to survive as a species but we clearly lack the will.

Climate deniers are climate deniers because they want what they have and more of it. Anything that interferes with their desires is rejected and ridiculed. Some of us even know it's true and welcome the short term phenomena. (Long term be damned. They won't be here anyway.) for instance, an ice-free Arctic means easier access to all that oil up there.

John
Old 03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
We'll commit suicide.

We are committing suicide.

The planet will shrug us off like a horse to a fly.

The planet will survive but we won't. We're blithely fouling our own nest. It's to the point where immediate drastic changes to every aspect of human society are necessary, beginning right now if we're going to survive as a species but we clearly lack the will.

Climate deniers are climate deniers because they want what they have and more of it. Anything that interferes with their desires is rejected and ridiculed. Some of us even know it's true and welcome the short term phenomena. (Long term be damned. They won't be here anyway.) for instance, an ice-free Arctic means easier access to all that oil up there.

John
Mother Nature will look after herself, she just wiped out a whole village in Washington State
Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

While I agree the climate is changing, and quite probably we are effecting it, I don't see what we can do about it outside of getting off it. Maybe draconian population control. It may cause the breakdown of society eventually but wouldn't be dramatic, unless maybe the entire ice cover of Greenland suddenly slides into the sea. That would suck.

At least I live higher up and near a huge source of fresh water

Pete
Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
While I agree the climate is changing, and quite probably we are effecting it, I don't see what we can do about it outside of getting off it.
That's how you tell yourself that you don't have to compromise your style and standard of living. This is only a little less odious than denying reality because you see climate disaster as a terrific business opportunity.

John