Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sooner beef not good enough for you?
This is the very best, Patriot Beef. Drool.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Sooner beef not good enough for you?
You know Bob,It is just too easy getting at you all,the old playbook is obsolete.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 PM

One1, please remember, a man is judged by the company he keeps. More importantly, who and what he quotes here. You quote, I judge.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
One1, please remember, a man is judged by the company he keeps. More importantly, who and what he quotes here. You quote, I judge.
And yes While Your Judgement is only for your own self Knowledge base,there is only one Judgement I look forward to and That is the one I will Accept.

It is bad to judge as sometimes you are getting the wrong information ,or should I say Disinformation,even from the source,just like the lowly Troll gives their opinions to cause Havoc the same can go for someone provoking Thought.Like I have said before Hate me But Do be A thinker.Or as GC says "Think It Aint Illegal Yet"
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

China to overtake US economy; India trumps Japan
Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101626562
Old 05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Banned

Does anyone understand what would happen to the US if we lose the World Reserve Currency?

The rise of the renminbi as a truly global currency
09 May 2014

Now that China is overtaking the US to become the world’s biggest economy, the rest of the world is seeking to assess when the renminbi joins the ranks of the world’s reserve currencies.

http://www.finextra.com/blogs/fullblog.aspx?blogid=9385

Internationalization Of Renminbi Requires Increase In Gold Reserves

May 04, 2014 06:51AM GMT

I present another intriguing translation, this time from an article by Tan Weihuan “China Gold News” Chief Researcher on the internationalization of the renminbi. What I find interesting is that according to the author China or any other of the BRICS countries in the short term are not interested in a gold backed currency (I share his opinion). There is a difference between backing and supporting a currency with gold. Backing means a fixed price, for example one gram of gold is one yuan. For China a gold backed renminbi is completely unrealistic at this point because the renminbi is still in it’s infancy – capital controls need to be lifted, full convertibility needs to implemented, etc. Next to the fact that the Chinese would have too little influence over the exchange rate of a gold backed renminbi should it be in full effect any time soon, which is nor desirable.

However, China has a great interest to support the renminbi with gold, having an x amount of tonnes at the PBOC, to give their currency trust and credibility. This is needed for the renminbi to be accepted worldwide. The euro and the dollar wouldn’t be reserve currencies if they weren’t supported by thousands of tonnes of Gold. It’s very clear the Chinese recognize the monetary value of gold and the purpose it serves in financial markets, but they take it one step at a time. For the years to come the schedule of the PBOC is to accumulate gold mainly for the internationalization of the renminbi (compete the US dollar) and to diversify and hedge their exorbitant US dollar reserves. At the same time the Chinese government is stimulating its people to hoard gold for wealth preservation.

More
http://www.investing.com/analysis/in...eserves-211565
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

A Scary New World Order

May 3, 2014

David's key takeaway for investors is that the Federal Reserve is unlikely to be able to raise short-term interest rates for the rest of the decade. While the conventional wisdom is that the Fed will begin to hike its federal-funds rate target next year—from a 0%-to-0.25% floor, where it's been since late 2008—he sees the central bank stuck having to keep its key policy rate at the floor through 2019. (I will drop my annoying pedantry that the current decade runs through the end of 2020; it's incontrovertible, so that's enough.)

New data from the International Comparison Program of the World Bank show that, in real terms, China's economy may overtake the U.S.'s, not in 2019, as had been forecast, but possibly in 2014. This is in real terms, based on "purchasing power parity," which evens out differing costs across borders.

Based on purchasing power parity, China's gross domestic product is poised to top U.S. GDP in 2014, because prices are so much lower in the former. Moreover, India's economy tops Japan's on a PPP basis, according to the World Bank report. (For more on India's ascendancy, see the cover story.)

According to the Financial Times, China tried to suppress these findings. Along with becoming the world's largest economy come certain responsibilities the nation would rather not shoulder, the report quoted sources familiar with Chinese official views as saying. Beijing would rather see China continue to be portrayed as a poor country, based on per capita income, the article added.

Whether the Chinese own up to their status in the world economy is beside the point. The emerging markets' influence continues to increase inexorably. And, says Levy, that poses the main vulnerability to the world economy.

http://online.barrons.com/news/artic...mod=BOL_hp_mag
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Admin

I finally found a new avatar for our resident gold bug.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
I finally found a new avatar for our resident gold bug.

Typical troll post by Bob. Sill nothing to say about a topic just tolling the site.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Banned

Gold is what China, Russia, India and the BRIC Nations are buying in fact most other countries are, at record levels. All the while the Federal Reserve and our Government want you to believe it's barbaric and has no value.

The reason for it is to take over the world reserve currency because they don't trust the USD. They know the value it has lost and that fiat currencies have a life span. I'll put you on some google searches and you can do with them what you want with them.

Forget it Im to tiered of fending off the troll like bob on this site.

Bob your ignorance will have your family digging for scraps from trash cans.