Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I wasn't trying to suggest that the entire interim government of Ukraine is neo-Nazi. That being said, the Right Sector and another neo-Nazi party, Svoboda, have a presence in the new government. Svoboda, in fact has six cabinet positions, including "Secretary of the Security and National Defense Committee" and "Prosecutor General of the Ukraine".

John
Damn! How did they wrangle those sensitive posts?

Let me guess. By building up tough street credentials. By effective
intimidation of others.

This does not bode well for Jews and people who speak Russian.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:03 AM

"shill for a 'famous' Putin-hugging nutburger"
You people are hilarious . Maybe you should look at someone's bio before slinging uneducated insults. He has served this country very well in both the DOD and the DOT.
"He is chairman of The Institute for Political Economy.
Scholarship & Academia
Dr. Roberts has held academic appointments at Virginia Tech, Tulane University, University of New Mexico, Stanford University where he was Senior Research Fellow in the Hoover Institution, George Mason University where he had a joint appointment as professor of economics and professor of business administration, and Georgetown University where he held the William E. Simon Chair in Political Economy in the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

He has contributed chapters to numerous books and has published many articles in journals of scholarship, including the Journal of Political Economy, Oxford Economic Papers, Journal of Law and Economics, Studies in Banking and Finance, Journal of Monetary Economics, Public Choice, Classica et Mediaevalia, Ethics, Slavic Review, Soviet Studies, Cardoza Law Review, Rivista de Political Economica, and Zeitschrift fur Wirtschafspolitik. He has entries in the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Economics and the New Palgrave Dictionary of Money and Finance.

He has contributed to Commentary, The Public Interest, The National Interest, Policy Review, National Review, The Independent Review, Harper’s, the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Fortune, London Times, The Financial Times, TLS, The Spectator, The International Economy, Il Sole 24 Ore, Le Figaro, Liberation, and the Nihon Keizai Shimbun. He has testified before committees of Congress on 30 occasions.

Journalism

Dr. Roberts was associate editor and columnist for The Wall Street Journal and columnist for Business Week and the Scripps Howard News Service. He was a nationally syndicated columnist for Creators Syndicate in Los Angeles. In 1992 he received the Warren Brookes Award for Excellence in Journalism. In 1993 the Forbes Media Guide ranked him as one of the top seven journalists in the United States.

Public Service

President Reagan appointed Dr. Roberts Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and he was confirmed in office by the U.S. Senate. From 1975 to 1978, Dr. Roberts served on the congressional staff where he drafted the Kemp-Roth bill and played a leading role in developing bipartisan support for a supply-side economic policy. After leaving the Treasury, he served as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Commerce".
Old 03-04-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Sir your time is running out here faster than I expected yesterday.

Feel free to check my signature.

FAREWELL
Mama......... I cant imagine what it would feel like to care one way or the other.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Thats absurd nobody reads this site, there is nothing going on here to spread information. There is no value to anything here maybe 10 participant that self inflate there own egos.

You all can't even write your own topic for a post on this site. Just a bunch of rerun article links for leftwing pandering.

All this place provides is a hangout for a few individuals who make this site not grow to any level of notoriety.

Calling people trolls and shills every time they show up here, is as ludicrous as any other far fetched post you think is out there in loony land.

In fact you all disrupt this site far more than any troll could possibly do. You all get your own self esteem boost trying to belittle others, it looks so pitiful.

So now then you warned me of a fictional shill, does that mean I'm not a troll any more. See thats the baby ass shit you all offer here. I came over from AK and supported that site not just with post. I dumped two grand of my hard earned money over there this xmass trying to help people out and VOA. Why would a troll do that? Sure I don't mind a disagreement but thats not offered much here even. Just shit all over the threads and nothing accomplished by it.

You and I personal have had some good dialogue and a few others around here. But to tell the truth I'm not learning anything with all the crap going on.

Oh please excuse all the bad grammar misspelling and anything else you can possibly find. I'm just an inept, illiterate, ill-informed ignorant, uneducated high school dropout that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Although I much rather be that individual than some of the individuals I've seen participating on this site.
Well put. They so easily hand their forum over to a complete stranger and allow themselves to be controlled by their hatred that only further amuses the person they hate. It makes little sense.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:32 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
And Germany needs the business. Perhaps that's why Angela Merkel has convinced Putin to accept the idea of a "contact group" on Ukraine.

I still don't think getting his membership in G8 suspended (it wouldn't be revoked) worries Putin very much. Russia can exert more influence in BRICS and BRICS is the "coming thing", big, big resource rich countries (except for "S") with billions of people. Sooner or later, they'll rival G8 and maybe surpass them.

John
Miss Merkel does not trust US and the Brits. She feels the Brits are too
closely allied with US and often they just follow.

Latest I have heard is that she has rejected kicking out Russia from the G8.

BTW if every time something happens in the international arena the shout goes
out to freeze Bank accounts people will get pretty smart and stop bringing
their money into the US.

In the long run certain isolation is good for Russia. It gives Russia a chance
to develop internally. Russia is huge, spanning several time zones. However
the Oligarchs are more interested in sending their money abroad instead of
investing it internally. "Isolation" might spur internal investment.

Putin, because of his strong connect to the security organs was powerful
enough to get them (the Oligarchs) to pay tax. Mfers did not want to pay
tax...one percent clique!

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-04-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Miss Merkel does not trust US and the Brits. She feels the Brits are too
closely allied with US and often they just follow.

Latest I have heard is that she has rejected kicking out Russia from the G8.

BTW if every time something happens in the international arena the shout goes
out to freeze Bank accounts people will get pretty smart and stop bringing
their money into the US.

In the long run certain isolation is good for Russia. It gives Russia a chance
to develop internally. Russia is huge, spanning several time zones. However
the Oligarchs are more interested in sending their money abroad instead of
investing it internally. "Isolation" might spur internal investment.

Putin, because of his strong connect to the security organs was powerful
enough to get them (the Oligarchs) to pay tax. Mfers did not want to pay
tax...one percent clique!
Russia is advancing their Infrastructure south into Asia rapidly since Europe is not paying Gazprom bills. They owe now in the billions and are trying to pay it but have fallen behind. Their BRICS partner will gladly take the energy that Russia has to offer and keep up with their payments. Europe would be foolish to disrupt their agreement with Gazprom since they don't need the EU.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Jigsawed

Samm, your map showing Russian speaking - pro Russian might be misleading.

A lot of the Russian speakers, especially the young, are not pro Russian...they are essentially pro European. They feel Europe offer them a brighter future.
They are however intimidated by the extreme lyrics and actions of the Ukraine
nationalists.

The programs/agenda of the Ukraine nationalists would make all Russian
speakers second class citizens.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Nevertheless, there may be a Muslim element in all this but from outside ......well assimilated into Crimean society and would be pretty tough to radicalize.

John
Speak of the devil. Howdy John

Pete
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
I am a capitalist and I get paid to answer questions. PM me your email address and I will give you my business account info through pay pal and you can pay like everyone else does who wants me to answer their questions. I cant imagine you could afford me though based on 7/11 wages.
Congrats, it's a first for PC. For this solicitation and repeated trolling, a 1 week suspension.

Pete
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Congrats, it's a first for PC. For this solicitation and repeated trolling, a 1 week suspension.

Pete
And, there it is. Anybody still think the regulars here are all stupid?

Dave